Thread: Jard aftermarket triggers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member

Jard aftermarket triggers

Does anyone here have real world experience with the Jard aftermarket trigger for Savage 110 series rifles? Have used the older SSS Competition trigger (no longer in production) and Rifle Basix SAV-2 before, but saw Jard now offers a replacement that will adjust well down into ounces for the pull weight. This is for a mid '90's pre accutrigger Model 12FV. Thanks in advance.

I would also like to hear of any one using the Jard trigger. I have both the SSS and the Sav2 on my Savage target rifles. It would be hard to beat the SSS, but never felt comfortable with the Sav2.

It just came out. It is twice the price of previous savage target triggers. Give it a week or two!
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

I have one, installed on accutrigger action with no problems. Tried it on non accutrigger & it will not fit. The accutrigger safety is .248" top to bottom & the non accutrigger is approx. .305''. The accu safety did fit & function in the non accutrigger, without the safety button. I am thinking the non accutrigger will work, if .060'' give or take is taken off bottom of safety, spring & screw removed, three notches put in safety to match accutrigger. The Jard comes with the safety spring in the assy. Having both safeties on hand to compare may make this easier to comprehend. Installing of the Jard in accutrigger is very easy, remove trigger & bracket, sear & spring ,they are not used, install trigger using original trigger pin & adjust.

Basic Member
    How does the Jard compare with the SAV2 set for about 8 oz.

Team Savage
    Do some internet searching. There are several discussions about the NEW Jard Savage replacement trigger. The customer support is supposed to be great as well as the engineering. Keep in mind that Jard offers 2 Savage replacements, the newest one even uses a replacement sear rather than the pressed steel Savage sear and is a lever trigger. I understand the only origional part you use is the pin.

Team Savage

Basic Member
    I am very interested in this in the 6oz model for BR target shooting. The price is a shocker. But if it performs like a Jewel or B&A in a Savage, I guess it could be worth it.

IF it truly is a contained unit that needs NO Savage parts other than the mounting pin, IE; "plug & play" then it will be worth it to me.

Basic Member
    So, what is the result? Are these things any good?

Trying to get one of these in for review but I can't seem to get a response back from Jard.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain