Thread: Jard Savage Trigger System

Jard Savage Trigger System

Went on Jard website & found a 3 lever trigger for Savage bolt action, available in 6-12-16-19 & 22 oz. Have not heard anything about it. Has anyone tried one ?

Interesting. Looks well complex from a glance. Jard had a different trigger system for Savage years ago. It did not sell well. Now that the SSS triggers are not available there is a void in this space. I will be interested in how they sell at that price.

https://www.jardinc.com/jard-savage-...trigger-system
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Banned
    “Holy expensive trigger Batman!” It is nice looking. I’ll give it that. Triggers were the first thing I learned to setup many years ago. Ive never understood the extreme cost they come with. And I just don’t believe they provide any performance increase over a properly set up factory trigger. But it is nice.

Team Savage
    A "safe" 6 oz trigger that drops in would be nice! A 3 oz would be nicer!! It still leaves the "shaky" pressed U shaped sear with the sloppy holes. I think the sear has to be addressed before any really light trigger will work....... SAFELY!

Sears are available at Numrich, I may try Robinhood's sear alteration. The extra sear I have wouldn't fit over the Rifle Basix I just installed.....are they all different?

Bill

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bsekf View Post
    A "safe" 6 oz trigger that drops in would be nice! A 3 oz would be nicer!! It still leaves the "shaky" pressed U shaped sear with the sloppy holes. I think the sear has to be addressed before any really light trigger will work....... SAFELY!

Sears are available at Numrich, I may try Robinhood's sear alteration. The extra sear I have wouldn't fit over the Rifle Basix I just installed.....are they all different?

Bill
    If I’m not mistaken, it appears the Jard uses its own Sear/Bolt release. Am I incorrect that part attached to is in fact not? While the stock sear is “great”, when ideally prepped it results in a very nice release, with no creep. I agree you Bill of the importance of the sear prep...and I always encourage sear modification if the know how is up to task. Coming from a background setting up 1911 hammer/sear set ups really prepares one the expertise with any trigger. It’s all very easily learned, provided correct information to start. A Dremel with a felt wheel wheel & polish is NOT what I am referring to! LOL!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    If I’m not mistaken, it appears the Jard uses its own Sear/Bolt release. Am I incorrect that part attached to is in fact not?

You are correct. If you look at the installation instructions linked on their site, you see that it does include the Sear/Bolt release.

I really like the look of that trigger and for the price, it would be just as good as a Rifle Basix trigger with a sear job and the CDI mod to the top bolt release on any newer Savage with the bolt release on the bottom.

Team Savage
    You are correct, after downloading all the information, the Jard does replace the factory sear bracket. It appears to be all one piece, but they use the origional pin, which is usually undersized. They give instructions on how to adjust the trigger including setting pull weight. Wonder how light you can go? And how much fitting in required? Maybe someone who has one will chime in. If it actually "drops" in and works safely, the price is not bad.

Bill

Banned
    The site has different weights listed Bill. They list 22oz, 19oz, 16oz, 12oz & 6oz. While I’m sure it’s safe if set up correctly, 6oz. is unbelievably light! Every rifle I have encountered with a trigger that light, was easily able to be set off by a hard bump. Even slamming the bolt home could set it off. I prefer a trigger Above 1.5lbs. And for a target trigger, I like 2-stage. Which is another reason I enjoy my modified Accutrigger. It feels just like a nice 2-stage. I’m also a fan of integrated safeties.