Hello all! I am in the beginning stages of planning for a new rifle build for myself. I am looking for a short action chambered in 6.5CM with a heavier contoured factory barrel. The ultimate goal for this rifle will be for non-competition, mid range shooting at my local gun range (600 yards max). I do not plan on reloading and will be firing factory match ammo. I have looked around at my LGS and other locations local to me after some research and I have identified a few rifles that I believe would fit the bill.

My short term goal with the rifle will be to place a Vortex Viper HS-T 6-24x50 MOA scope onto it. My Mid term goal will be to place the barreled action into an MDT LSS-XL Gen2 chassis. Long term goal will be an aftermarket barrel in 6.5CM. Here are the available rifles that I have selected:

Model-------------------------Price----------Store----------Notes

12FV--------------------------$420----------Cabela's-------1/8 Twist, 26" barrel

10T-SR------------------------$600----------Cabela's-------1/8 Twist, 24"barrel, Threaded Barrel, 5R rifling, Factory Rail

110 Tactical-------------------$622----------LGS------------1/8 Twist, 24" barrel, Threaded Barrel, Factory Rail

11 Longe Range Hunter------$625----------LGS------------1/10 Twist, 26" barrel, Muzzle Brake

10SBA-------------------------$384----------LGS-------------Unknown Twist, 20" barrel, Threaded Barrel, Factory Rail

At first glance, it seems that the Cabela's exclusive Model 12FV offers the best price-to-options ratio of the bunch and is the rifle that I am leaning towards. I understand that all of these are short action rifles, but are there any differences between these actions that would make one more preferable to another? I know that the 110 is a newer rifle that has come out in the past few years, but I could not find info on whether Savage made major changes to the design of the action?

I apologize for the lengthy post and multitude of questions, I just want to make sure I am efficient and smart with choosing my base rifle. Thank you in advance for any info, insight, and knowledge!