Thread: Noob

Basic Member

Noob

Hi, new to this forum but not new to Savage Arms. I currently own a MSR 15 recon and a model 110 first gen chambered in 30.06 and its a lefty that looks like it just came.out of the box. The aught six was originally purchased by my father who bought it at Montgomery Wards.and he decided to give it to me just recently. I had a smithy look it over as it had not been used in quite a while. First thing the 'Smith asked me was "has this rifle ever been used?” he told me that this is the best looking first gen 110 he has ever seen. The fold down rear sight was missing the spring so i asked him if it could be repaired. He told me to "wait just a minute and he would come up with something”. He disapeared into his shop and not two minutes later came back out and placed before me an old sight and told me he could take the spring out of the one he had and install it in the rear sight on my rifle. It took him about ten minutes. Now my 110 is as good as new. I asked him about a muzzle brake and he said he would not cut into this good a rifle. He explained to me that this rifle is "to pretty to do that to” instead why don't i look at another rifle or try some of the light recoil ammo.
    The 'Smith then handed me a box of 117 grain sabot rounds and said here you go free of charge.( They were perfect.) I asked him how much I owed him and he told me that if i keep this rifle in this good of condition I don't owe him a dime. He said "its a pleasure working on such a well cared for gun and seeing someone who is as passionate about it as i am.
    My wife and I did not have any kids and I am the last of the line. This rifle will be donated to the NRA Whittington museum when I pass. But only if they display it with a tag that has my fathers name and my name on it.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Team Savage
    Welcome aboard

Congratulations on a fine rifle. Welcome to the savage family.
    Ackley was right all along

Basic Member
    Thanks guys I'm looking forward to learning a bunch here.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Team Savage
    welcome