Having come to that point at which I think that I am not the limiting factor of my groupings (don't we all sooner or later) I have decided to explore the custom route. After spending a lot of time studying what is available and what it costs, I would like comments on whether to build or buy. From what I can see, it seems that a jamb up shooter could be built for 2-2.5K. There are questions that are weighing heavily on the decision.
1. Is there that much accuracy difference in the use of the much more expensive actions or is it just eye candy for the range?
2. Is there really that much difference in expensive stocks/chassis when comfort and stability is what we need?
3. Barrels seem to me to be the heart of accuracy, but they seem to be reasonably priced even for the best.
4. Triggers would seem to me to be right in there for importance, but they also seem to be reasonably priced comparatively in the scheme of things.
5. Optics is a whole universe unto itself and is to me considered to be a quantifiable component apart from the rifle.
These are just some of the questions that I have, but it's a start.

My preferences are:
1. Pre-fit barrel for flexibility.
2. Replaceable bolt head for flexibility.
3. Replaceable bolt handle for flexibility.
These 3 features allow speed and convenience, not to mention gunsmith fees and waits. Savage actions seem to cover all of these bases. I haven't found any Savage clones out there to consider. I looked a the listings at Northland for factory actions and can't find the combo that I want.
I'm open for suggestions and discussion on this subject. What about it?