Re-barreled my .270 to 25-06 and set Headspace like I usually do(Go gauge closes smoothy with no resistance, but won't close all the way with .001 shim added between bolt face and Go gauge). No Go stops at 2 o'clock position. When test chambering live factory rounds(Federal 100gr BT) the bolt requires more resistance to close than my other others. This happens with all of the rounds in the box, but some are almost normal and some require actually pushing on the bolt a little to close. I covered the worst one in Sharpie and chambered to look for contact points. What I noticed is there is a prominent scuff proportional to bolt throw right in front of the case. I cleaned the chamber thoroughly and checked again...Same thing. I do not feel or see any burrs.
I've measured the COAL and case length and they are all less than what Nosler indicates for Load data and this bullet, however I'm nervous to pull the trigger.
FWIW this action has had a few hotter .270 rounds(Hornady Superformance) require force to open bolt, and my gunsmith polished the chamber, and backed headspace off a bit on that barrel. Following that, it never happened again.
I have since adjusted headspace another .0005(bolt closes barely on .001 shim and Go gauge)and it closes a little better but still firmer than my other action/barrels.

Any ideas? Why would the scuff be only on one side? Is it possible that the action needs trued?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	orDlm7u3S0+qW%vktG4mpA.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	145.4 KB 
ID:	6147Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BOREruRJSc+GGCES33WdQw.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	158.3 KB 
ID:	6148