Well, finally got a chance to take my new Savage B17 FV out to the local range today and shoot some groups at 50-yards. The weather was pretty hot here in central Nebraska (90 degrees, 50% humidity, little no no wind) so we didn't stay out too long. Scope used is my Redfield Revolution 4-12x40mm on a DIP 25moa base with Warne Maxima rings.

image host

First three groups were used to sight in scope and last three groups were for accuracy. I do not yet own a shooting rest so I was using my range bag with a small blanket on top so I was having some issues with twitching (probably due to the three cups of coffee I had too).

Smallest group measured just under 0.5" using Hornady 20-grain XTP rounds. I also used Hornady 17-grain V-MAX which grouped slightly wider. I had a few fliers which I think were due to the foreend of the stock being flimsy so I am looking at options to replace the stock and I also want to replace the scope with an optic with better turrents on it for shooting out to 300 yards. Overall. was a great first time out with the rifle but I definitely have some room for shooter improvement.