Thread: Red target accutrigger retro in 12 bvss varmint trigger assb

Red target accutrigger retro in 12 bvss varmint trigger assb

Hi. I have been unable to find any threads that address the question directly if you can order the parts for the red target accutrigger from savage and install them in a silver varmint trigger group. I have a model 12 bvss 223 cal rifle that has the silver accutrigger assb. The parts list that I viewed here seems to point to that with the proper parts #s from savage you can retro these to my silver trigger group. Most of the part #s from my varmint trigger assb are the same and only the trigger/sear/springs/ are different ? can someone clairify this for me.

Hotolds442 did everyone a big favor providing this article. You can compare your parts list to the one you want and then purchase all of what you need.

http://www.savageshooters.com/conten...r-Part-Numbers
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    I made this same conversion on my model 12BVSS in 223 that now also sports a Criterion barrel. Post a want to buy ad in the classifieds here for a Target Accutrigger. Be sure it includes the sear. Many remove theirs to upgrade to a aftermarket trigger and will part with them. It's a simple swap.

I've also upgraded my other Savage model 12 small shank rifles. Makes a big difference once you're trying to shoot under a third of an inch groups.

To answer your question, NO, Savage will only sell trigger parts to gunsmiths. And to get new Target Accutriggers or parts you'll need to supply a correct serial number of the rifle that originally came with the target trigger. Not a big deal, just more hassle.

I recently was given two Target Accutriggers without sears by a generous fellow shooter. I was able to get one sear from Savage, but they balked at two, and this was having a gunsmith order them.

Quicker to buy one here.
    Banning a gun will not solve what is a mental health crisis inflamed by incendiary rhetoric on social and television media. The first amendment in this case is less precious and more likely the causal factor than the second amendment.

Thanks guys. I have a line on a new complete trigger/sear/springs taken off a brand new gun. a fellow match shooter at my local range has three rifles that he switched over to jewel triggers. i think he does not like the stock one he has fat fingers and has a problem with them side loading and setting off the accutrigger i will find out if he wants to sell the others and let the forum know. Thanks. Dave.

Basic Member
    Here is a guy selling shim kits for Target triggers that will remove the side play often attributed to the dreaded trigger lock.
    https://www.triggershims.com/trigger_shims.html

I think I'll buy several kits and see how they work.
    Banning a gun will not solve what is a mental health crisis inflamed by incendiary rhetoric on social and television media. The first amendment in this case is less precious and more likely the causal factor than the second amendment.