Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: purchase a 10 stock for 110?

Basic Member

I hope you don't mind me asking a question; I'm seriously interested. Why are you so interested in an aftermarket stock? Are you not seeing the accuracy you're hoping for? What's the accuracy of the gun right now? I believe you're going to use this as a hunting weapon right? What game and at what maximum distance will you shooting it at?

The reason why I'm asking all of this is that I have a 110 Tactical in 308 that shoots sub MOA with fairly inexpensive ammo and for me, the stock is not the limiting factor in the equation; I know that I am. Just curious if your stock is really the problem.

David

Quote Originally Posted by yoda4x4 View Post
    I hope you don't mind me asking a question; I'm seriously interested. Why are you so interested in an aftermarket stock? Are you not seeing the accuracy you're hoping for? What's the accuracy of the gun right now? I believe you're going to use this as a hunting weapon right? What game and at what maximum distance will you shooting it at?

The reason why I'm asking all of this is that I have a 110 Tactical in 308 that shoots sub MOA with fairly inexpensive ammo and for me, the stock is not the limiting factor in the equation; I know that I am. Just curious if your stock is really the problem.

David
    Fair question, Im definitely not seeing the accuracy I was expecting. Ive seen so many videos shooting sub and even half moa right out of the box with, like you, inexpensive ammo. Ive tried various ammos (no handloads) and my very very best was only 0.9 moa 5 shot group with hornady match eld ammo and really focusing on everything I was doing. Ive tried off bags, rest and bipod. It shoots about 1.5" but sometimes I dont even bother measuring because it opened up so much. It will be for hunting and I know thats still well within the ability to take game at 100 yards but I also like just target shooting too. Maybe it is all just me, I dont know, I was just expecting something better. I bedded the lug and scope base like posted on the first page and if it improves my accuracy, Ill be happy.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowmon224 View Post
    Fair question, Im definitely not seeing the accuracy I was expecting. Ive seen so many videos shooting sub and even half moa right out of the box with, like you, inexpensive ammo. Ive tried various ammos (no handloads) and my very very best was only 0.9 moa 5 shot group with hornady match eld ammo and really focusing on everything I was doing. Ive tried off bags, rest and bipod. It shoots about 1.5" but sometimes I dont even bother measuring because it opened up so much. It will be for hunting and I know thats still well within the ability to take game at 100 yards but I also like just target shooting too. Maybe it is all just me, I dont know, I was just expecting something better. I bedded the lug and scope base like posted on the first page and if it improves my accuracy, Ill be happy.
    Just an fyi, as twice you mentioned “focus” for your best group. I don’t believe anyone achieves their best accuracy devoid of having extreme & deliberate Focus. I’ll go a step further and claim our best groups are achieved with carefully worked up loads.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12