Thread: How long before the new A22 FV-SR gets to the stores?

How long before the new A22 FV-SR gets to the stores?

I told my kids I wanted a B22 FV-SR for Fathers day. Savage has recently put the A22 FV-SR on their website and I would rather have the semi auto, but I can't find anyone who lists it yet. Just wondering when it will show up in the stores, or even on line for sale. That brings me to my second question I understand If you order a gun online it has to be sent to someone with a firearms license, and they in turn charge a fee to do the paper work. If it was my and you didn't buy the gun from me I think I would be insulted or is this just me and buying a gun that way is really a non issue? Thanks

No clue on when they'll start shipping, but if the past is any indication I would guess sometime in July or early August.

As for buying online and having a local dealer do the transfer, some dealers are fine with it, other's don't like to do them, and others won't do them. The one's who don't like doing them are generally the ones who charge a higher price for the transfer ($30 or more), while those that are more transfer friendly typically charge $10-25 in my experience. You're basically paying for their time to process the transfer.

Personally I always try to give the local dealer(s) first crack to get me what I want for a reasonably fair price, but if their price is significantly higher than the online options to where I'd still be saving money after shipping and the transfer fee I'll buy online. With more and more states requiring you pay sales tax even though they aren't operating in your state due to new laws (like Midway USA recently started doing), you no longer have that savings to off-set the cost of the shipping and transfer fee.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

TSS Wharehouse lists 4 in stock for $320 it's the black model, not camo. I buy most of my rifles on line and most online retailers will already have a list of willing FFL's with their license on file in your zip code. I've never bought from TSS before so I can't comment on their shipping times or customer service. Some local gun stores around me hate it but others welcome my business and I always usually buy stuff from them anyway while I'm there so it's always good. One store in particular charges $25 FFL fee but I usually hand him $40 and say keep the change, he welcomes all my sales. You can usually save 25% buying online and have a much better inventory to choose from and most have free shipping.

Thanks guys, I'll check out TSS Warehouse. I did some more searching yesterday and found it listed on Gun Broker by the Gun Doctor for $289 plus $25 shipping. According to Gun Brokers website everyone on their FFL listing has agreed to work with them and I'm going to need a scope, and to have it mounted, ammo, a cleaning kit, a case of some type, and other things so there will additional sales for whoever I use.

I will have my rifle in about a week. Found it at Arizona Firearms, walked in ready to talk to them about getting their FFL info so I could order it online, and they actually had it listed for $296. That saved me $50 in shipping and transfer fees. I also ordered a Leopold VX-Freedom Rimfire scope 3-9x40 $199 and a set of Leopold PRW2 low rings $37.80.

I looked for this rifle at Dicks, Sportsmans Warehouse, Big 5 Sports, and Cabelas and it amazed me that when I asked if they lapped the rings when they mounted scopes I was never given a straight yes or always answer. i got don't know or if it was needed. I actually stumped the manager at Cabela's, he gave me a deer in the headlights look when i mentioned lapping rings, didn't know what it was. Even the shop I bought my rifle from only mounted the scope didn't lap rings. I spent an additional $280 for a Wheeler scope mounting kit and a P3 rifle rest/vise. I guess if I'm going to jump in I might as well go whole hog, get good equipment and watch videos and learn to do it myself, then i know it's done right (or it's totally FUBARed).

Buy good quality rings and they don't need lapping. Most of the better rings are made on CNC machines these days and don't require lapping. If they're cheaper cast rings (like CZ's - even though they charge an arm and a leg for them), prepare for a good workout lapping them.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Hi new member here and I wanted to tell you I've had my a22 fv sr since at least april. When I bought it and brought it home I couldn't find any mention of it existing in the net anywhere . It wasn't even on savages website untill several weeks later. The real kicker is that I walked out the door with it for $140! I walked into dicks one night to snag some eley sshp for my mark ii and look up and see this beautiful lil black rifle on CLEARANCE for 150 or 175$. I told my wife " I gotta get that a22 that's a good price" and ask the guy to see it and he said " oh it has a dot on it so it's sum odd percent off ( forgot how much). So I bought it! I don't know how they had it or why it was on clearance but it was and I guess it was just meant to be.

Sorry I haven't been back, i've been crazy busy. I found time to get the scope mounted, I don't know how anyone can look down the barrel of a .22 to bore sight it. My eyes aren't anywhere good enough that, bore is tiny. So what I did was measure off 25 yards and stood up a piece of plywood I had, no target. I hit the plywood about 8"below center and 6" to the right. 3s shot were within an inch. This was from a standing position, and just quick shots to try the gun out. It was 105 that day in the desert and I didn't feel like being out in the heat. I plan to go out next week be out there at sunrise and get it sighted in. Gregg you got one screaming deal on the rifle.

How does your scope fit with the low rings? Did you have to the rail? I hade a cheap center point 4x16x40 that I mounted but I had to use med rings to clear the rail with the bell. A sweet 22 3x9 hot with the med rings since it is a more compact scope I'd throw up a pic but don't know how. I painted mine rustoleum camo khaki . Gonna be nice here in nc tomamarrow so I'm gonna send some cci tactical , eley force and fed black Pack down range along with some American eagle suppressor and eley subs and contact.

Right now I have the front ring in the 3rd notch from the front of the rail, the front ring is at the start of the objective bell taper, and I have about a 1/4" clearance between the taper on the bell and the front edge of the rail. The front of the objective bell is about 5/8" above the barrel I need to play around with eye relief some more. I would like to get the front ring into the 1st notch of the rail. If I could, then I might look around and see if I can find some lower rings than the ones I have. If I leave it in the position its in maybe I can find a lower profile rail because I have plenty of room between the scope and the barrel. Just gotta get the gun out and shoot it and find out where I'm comfortable, just to dam hot right now. It was 100 degrees at 8 this morning. I'll have to be out on my daughters property at about 5am and be ready when the sun comes up enough to see. Maybe I'm just being dumb but i'll be damned if I pay to shoot on a range when theres open desert available to me with nothing around.

Let us know if you find a good lower fitting rail. I'm thinking of reversing mine. It looks possible with the extra set of holes

Storis.... have you got any range time in with the new toy yet? Pics and range report please!

Sorry no free time to many weekend projects. It's too dam hot right now anyway highs around 110. It will probably be September before it cools off enough to get it sighted in and do some shooting.

I just ordered an A22 fvsr, I found an overwatch edition and bought it. I been debating and researching these for some time now and the trigger has been what's stopping me. I guess it's just like anything else it will take a bit of work to get it to my liking. I'll have it in a few days and a good cleaning and a range trip will be first on the list, hope she does well.