Thread: Model 110E Bolt Issue

Model 110E Bolt Issue

I am the new owner of what I believe to be an early 80’s 110E, it has a very tight bolt, the sliding back and forth action is buttery smooth, but, the cocking action is very tough. I believe it may be the cocking piece that is inside the bolt, but it looks as though the part is no longer in production, and I cannot find one online at all! Has anyone had any luck locating this part? The one in my gun is scared and looks to be very warn, may also be out of round causing he issue. Thanks in advance!!

Banned
    Are you referring to the cocking piece, which screws on the back of the firing pin?

Or the cocking piece SLEEVE?
    https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...prod12886.aspx

Sorry I didn’t clarify that, yes, the sleeve is what I’m referencing.

Is this the one with the slot that cuts from one end to the other?

The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

You may need to use this one if it is not salvageable. it is a more recent design and less prone to warpage.

I would try to polish and sand or jewelers file the scratches off the old one. Make sure the other parts are not galled up. Fix them with sandpaper also. Be meticulous and judicial with any abrasives using something like 600 to finish up. Use a flapper stick on a drill to clean the bore of the bolt. Clean well with copious amount of soapy water. Dry off. Test by sliding all of the parts around inside of each other. If you find a part that is irreparable then we need to cross reference and get you the parts you need.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

I currently Have the old style with a slot from one end to the other, I tried to find the new style part online available for sale and it looks as though it has been discontinued. I would like to buy a replacement as I’m not sure mine is repairable. If anyone knows where I may be able to find one in stock that would be excellent. I’ve searched the entire web with little to no luck.

Banned
    The newer style that Robin showed is the better option. It stays round much better. I believe Savage is your only bet on those. I have searched high & low and no one has them in stock. I believe someone else was recently successful ordering one from Savage though.

Im planning on machining some of these so I’ll never need to worry about one. Kinda want to try Titanium. But that doesn’t do you any good.