Thread: Hi from the UK.

Hi from the UK.

Hi there.
    Just got my first Savage.
    It's a .22 Mk11 F, I believe.
    It's my first rifle, although I do have a Winchester SX4, a full power .22 air rifle, which over here has to go on a Firearms ticket. I also have other air rifles. Will be looking to add more .22LR rifles, and a 357 over time.
    For now though, I want to find out as much as possible about the Mk11's.

Paul

Welcome to the savage family.
    Ackley was right all along

Team Savage
    Welcome aboard

Hello Fordpaul, Greetings from New York. Welcome to the wonderful world of Savage rifles, and well done on choosing a very fine .22 rifle. As a salesman at a sporting goods store I can confidently say that the Savage MK II is an outstanding rifle, and it is one of the most popular models we sell. And since you are in the UK you should have easier access to top quality match ammunition like Eley and RWS than we do here in the states. What you will have to do is just try a bunch of different brands and bullet weights, as well as standard verses high velocity ammunition. If I may ask, does your MK II have “open sights” or is it strictly an optics model. And will you be using it strictly as a target rifle or as a small game and vermin rifle? Good luck and good shooting!

Welcome to the group!
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Quote Originally Posted by Utica1899 View Post
    Hello Fordpaul, Greetings from New York. Welcome to the wonderful world of Savage rifles, and well done on choosing a very fine .22 rifle. As a salesman at a sporting goods store I can confidently say that the Savage MK II is an outstanding rifle, and it is one of the most popular models we sell. And since you are in the UK you should have easier access to top quality match ammunition like Eley and RWS than we do here in the states. What you will have to do is just try a bunch of different brands and bullet weights, as well as standard verses high velocity ammunition. If I may ask, does your MK II have “open sights” or is it strictly an optics model. And will you be using it strictly as a target rifle or as a small game and vermin rifle? Good luck and good shooting!

It is an early scope only model, with no safety blade in the trigger. Any info on these models would be great.
    It's for target shooting at the moment. Normally only 25 yards over here. Not as much freedom as some of you guys. My youngest son has plenty of farmland, that he keeps the pests down on. As my rifle has no thread, for a moderator, I'm not sure if the landowner would be ok with it. May be good, as long as I stay sub sonic. Could always tell the wife I need another, moderated Savage.

Welcome aboard.
    Everyday I wake up,is a good day. The day I don't wake up,it won't matter!

Basic Member
    Welcome aboard from another newbie! And good luck with the MK 11! Oh, and have fun with it, too.

Team Savage
    welcome