Thread: Model 10 FCP-SR Build

Model 10 FCP-SR Build

Hello, I have a model 10 FCP-SR in 308. It has the not so fancy Accustock which I've really come to not love so much. Can someone recommend a stock or chasis system that will work with that rifle? There's only one real requirement, I'd prefer it to use the Magpul mags so it can share mags with my Ruger Precision. Thanks in advance!

Banned
    Well, there are many, many choices. Would you rather a Stock or a Chassis? If a stock, what material? What style?(pistol grip, thumb hole, hunting?) If Chassis, would you rather open or wrap around forearm? And of course PRICE! What is your budget? It’s a vast range...in the neighborhood of $250-ish to well above $1200!

If you just want those using to say, I’m using a MDT TAC21 on my fully built 10 in 260Rem. One of my criteria was also AICS capability.(I use the Magpul 10 rounders) Another luring aspect for me is my love for the AR15 which helped with this choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    Well, there are many, many choices. Would you rather a Stock or a Chassis? If a stock, what material? What style?(pistol grip, thumb hole, hunting?) If Chassis, would you rather open or wrap around forearm? And of course PRICE! What is your budget? It’s a vast range...in the neighborhood of $250-ish to well above $1200!

If you just want those using to say, I’m using a MDT TAC21 on my fully built 10 in 260Rem. One of my criteria was also AICS capability.(I use the Magpul 10 rounders) Another luring aspect for me is my love for the AR15 which helped with this choice.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. I'm not looking for anything super fancy and would like to keep it in the $400 range. I'd prefer a pistol grip stock over a chassis and want to keep with the magpul pmags.

Basic Member
    For $400 I think you can get a B&C or HS Precision that will work. Boyd's does not seem to have a heavy barrel, centerfeed, DBM stock. But personally, I would get an Oryx chassis and call it a day...

Banned
    The only thing is if you want to use AICS mags in a stock, you will need to also purchase a new Bottom Metal. These can be be purchased for $150-$200..., so still can stay “around” the $400 mark. You will need to do some inletting fitment though. For your indicated price point, I’m kinda on board with celltech. The Oryx is ready to go from the box and AICS capable, for under $400! Or there is also the MDT LSS standard & XL for about the same, but a shoulder stock & pistol grip are needed. The Oryx really does give you a lot for the price rag!