Thread: Model 12 KRG 180 Alpha PRS build

Basic Member

Model 12 KRG 180 Alpha PRS build

I decided to install a KRG 180 Alpha chassis in place of my GRS Sporter stock for PRS matches. Also got an ARC 10 rnd mag with area 419 mag extension. Just wanted to share since there isn't much info on the KRG Alpha's on the net. It went together pretty smooth except I had to figure out that the hand grips needed to be loosened for the trigger housing/rear action screw to line up properly. Also the mag was tight until I loosened the trigger housing which also serves as the mag latch housing, and re aligned it. It has built in thumb shelves on left and right sides so you don't have to shoot it with the pistol grip, you can leave your thumb on the side, and it is a really comfortable position. Ill see how it does in the June 8/9 match. For an aluminum/polymer chassis, it is actually fairly robust and does not have much for flex when using the bipod on the fore-end.

Banned
    Very, very nice looking! Just a great setup...your total package.

Thank you for the info. I'm looking to import one to South Africa and its difficult to get information.

Can you tell me, does the aluminum backbone look similat to this one? Stopping halfway along the chassis with the foreard part being only polymer?

I'm a bit disappointed that I won't be ably to fit a spigot mount on the front.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    Nice looking rifle Donnie,KRG makes some great chassis/stocks. I have a LH Whiskey 3 and a Bravo that I modified to LH with a LH Whiskey 3 backbone on both my custom action builds. I'm surprised that KRG doesn't use a full length aluminum backbone on the Alpha chassis like they do on all the other models that they make.