Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 223/5.56 rifle build

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by PhilC View Post
    which Vortex is on your rifle?
    It's a diamondback tactical 4-12x40

Basic Member
    Looks great, nothing like when it started life. Nice conversion, and very well done.

Now, if you really want to have some fun, replace that brake with a Harrells Tuner/Brake. Once you go tuner, you never go back!
    Banning a gun will not solve what is a mental health crisis inflamed by incendiary rhetoric on social and television media. The first amendment in this case is less precious and more likely the causal factor than the second amendment.

Basic Member
    I finished out the box of 50 rounds of the prime 223 yesterday. Accuracy was still about the same, but it was starting to get a little better. was around 1 inch groups. Some were better, but then there would be a flier and it would take to group size up.
    Today I decide to try out a box of Magtech/CBC 77gr OTM I had. https://www.targetsportsusa.com/magt...c-p-82712.aspx
    I have shot one box out of my heavy barrel AR15 with pretty good results.
    I will say this. For the price, this seems like to be a heck of a deal. It seems like this rifle and this ammo seem to like each other.
    On the following target, the very center was the first cold clean bore shots (5 shots). The one just below it was group 2 (5 shots), the one above the center was group 3 (10 shots). Upper right was group 4 (10 shots), upper left was group 5 (10 shots), lower right was group 6 (5 shots), and the lower left was group 7 (5 shots).
    Distance was 100 yards, front bipod, rear bag. I let the rifle cool between groups, with the exception of the last 20 rounds, which were all consecutive. I wanted to see what, if any, the group size or poi changed when hot. It actually did not seem to effect it much, if any at all. By the time I was done with the last round, the barrel was very uncomfortable to touch. I usually never shoot a barrel till it gets that hot, but I just wanted to see how it performed.

So far I am really enjoying this rifle. Now I know that I really really want to upgrade the glass, but that is going to have to wait a while.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12