Thread: Need some help

Need some help

Hi All...I joined up because I figured this would be the place to go... I have one of my Pops old Savage .22 long rifle serial number C276895... I'm just trying to hunt down information on this gun... I know it is probably 30+ years old and Dad gave it to me as my first gun... It got dropped when I was young and cracked the stock... I'm a wood worker and luthier (build guitars) so I was going to use this as practice for building custom gun stocks... I unfortunately lost Pops 8 years ago this October, I won't go into full details but lets just say I will never own a Remington 870 because of what he did... Anyway any kind of info that can help me date this gun would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks so much to any help and I will keep you all posted on the outcome of my attempts at making custom stocks.. Thanks for any info -Shane

Team Savage
    Welcome aboard

Welcome to the savage family
    Ackley was right all along

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveandmissmyPops View Post
    Hi All...I joined up because I figured this would be the place to go... I have one of my Pops old Savage .22 long rifle serial number C276895... I'm just trying to hunt down information on this gun... I know it is probably 30+ years old and Dad gave it to me as my first gun... It got dropped when I was young and cracked the stock... I'm a wood worker and luthier (build guitars) so I was going to use this as practice for building custom gun stocks... I unfortunately lost Pops 8 years ago this October, I won't go into full details but lets just say I will never own a Remington 870 because of what he did... Anyway any kind of info that can help me date this gun would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks so much to any help and I will keep you all posted on the outcome of my attempts at making custom stocks.. Thanks for any info -Shane
    Since you have the original to use as a pattern, I would search for someone who has a duplicating machine. Some stock builders have their own, but some don't, choosing to outsource that part of the process. A google search might find one in your area.
    Bruce Baer a PA gunsmith, has a separate stock shop with a duplicator. The stock end of the business is run by his wife Gerry who does the duplicating also. Bruce does the final inletting on a milling machine, but otherwise she does it all. I wouldn't hesitate calling there and talking with her about your project. Untill a couple of years back when a bridge fire took place, all of Joel Russo's stocks originated in that shop.

Team Savage
    howdy

Thank you YoBuck for the information...And thank you all for the hellos

Welcome, glad to have ya.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Hello from KY.
    Everyday I wake up,is a good day. The day I don't wake up,it won't matter!