So this is my first post so bear with... I purchased a 1991 Savage 110 Blind mag, staggered feed, Long action 30-06 at a pawn shop for little bit of nothing. I am wanting to re-barrel to 25-06 for deer hunting mostly in south Texas. It will be a stand gun so weight is not much of an issue but don't want it so heavy that it couldn't be used to walk with on rare occasions.

So far I'm thinking a Criterion varmint contour from NSS as per many suggestions on this forum. I will most likely get the lug and nut from NSS as well along with wrench and go gauge.

The predicament I'm having is choosing a stock. I really like the At-One for its adjustable aspects because I'm hoping to get my 11 year old son to do more shooting with the high power rifle. He is great with his .22 and loves to shoot the AR but haven't broke into the taking bigger game category yet. Eventually he will get his own but thought this might be a way to break him in without having to get a whole other rifle. Plus telling my wife its for the boy loosens her grip on the budget HA HA

So while diving into boyds At-ones on their site i don't think they offer the At one in my configuration to except the varmint contour. If I select 110 FP TBR which I believe is police they have a bull barrel selection but I'm not sure my screw spacing would be the same as a 110FP.

Or I can select 110 TBR and factory barrel to get the At-one style but I'm assuming then I would have to do some sanding which I'm not apposed to if there is enough material to do so for the varmint barrel.

Okay maybe a lot to process here. Any suggestions at all would be appreciated. Even if it goes into a completely different direction.