Thread: Stock swap on Savage 111 and Stevens 200

Basic Member

Stock swap on Savage 111 and Stevens 200

It has taken me a while to figure out what I wanted and what I needed to convert these from blind mags to DBM setups. Also wife had knee replacement so had to nurse her as she is a little more important than stock swaps, so that took about six weeks. I finally ended up ordering stocks from Numrich Gun Parts, black for the 111 and snow camo for the Stevens 200, then had to order the bottom plastic piece for both from E.A. Brown. After a little dremel work to make DBMs snap into place they both feed without any problems and snap in pretty easy. Next problem was bolt wouldn't open so finally figured out action screws were a little too long, and got some new ones to fix that. Could have used grinder but wanted some spares anyway as I have 2 Axis I am swapping barrels around also. Only thing left is to go shoot and post pictures, going to Chicago to see grandkids for a week so that shooting and pictures will come later. The Savage 111 started out as a blind mag 270 and is now a DBM 25-06, the Stevens was bling mag 7mm-08 and have not changed calibers yet but have 243 barrels one 20" and one 22" when I get ready. This has really been a pretty easy project and I have learned a lot by doing this. May end up ordering metal trigger guards but that is a easy and fast replacement. Pictures will come later.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Nixon View Post
    It has taken me a while to figure out what I wanted and what I needed to convert these from blind mags to DBM setups. Also wife had knee replacement so had to nurse her as she is a little more important than stock swaps, so that took about six weeks. I finally ended up ordering stocks from Numrich Gun Parts, black for the 111 and snow camo for the Stevens 200, then had to order the bottom plastic piece for both from E.A. Brown. After a little dremel work to make DBMs snap into place they both feed without any problems and snap in pretty easy. Next problem was bolt wouldn't open so finally figured out action screws were a little too long, and got some new ones to fix that. Could have used grinder but wanted some spares anyway as I have 2 Axis I am swapping barrels around also. Only thing left is to go shoot and post pictures, going to Chicago to see grandkids for a week so that shooting and pictures will come later. The Savage 111 started out as a blind mag 270 and is now a DBM 25-06, the Stevens was bling mag 7mm-08 and have not changed calibers yet but have 243 barrels one 20" and one 22" when I get ready. This has really been a pretty easy project and I have learned a lot by doing this. May end up ordering metal trigger guards but that is a easy and fast replacement. Pictures will come later.
    Make sure you didnt misplace these washer type things that go Into the plastic piece that you had to order. If you lose or it didnt come with those washers that will let the action screw seat to deep and without the washers the screw heads can pull through the plastic adapter you had to buy

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    Didn’t get anything but plastic piece and I did notice screws might pull thru. Will figure out something before torque setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    Didn’t get anything but plastic piece and I did notice screws might pull thru. Will figure out something before torque setup.

The washers should be in the original stock

Basic Member
    OK, thanks will take a look at old stocks.

Basic Member
    OK, thanks will take a look at old stocks.
    Good luck:) if they are not still stuck in the old one(s) look close to where you were working, they may have fell out.

Basic Member
    You get a chance to throw some lead?

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6820 using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    Not yet, arrived in Chicago today to see grandkids for a week. Gonna try when we get homenext week.

Basic Member

This is the Stevens 200 in 7mm-08 converted from blind mag tan stock to black then camo and now is dbm in a snow camo stock from Numrich Gun Parts. Have not fired in new stock but feeds great and shot well enough in old stock to put meat in freezer. Not a good picture as my overheads lights are out in shop so will wait until I shoot the 111 in 25-06 I built. It went from blind mag 270 to dbm 25-06 so new gun for me.