I have 3 AR's, each one built differently for different things. I have plenty of ammo as well as dies, brass, and bullets.
Every now and then I kinda think I want a bolt gun in 223 also. However I know the differences and dangers about shooting 5.56 nato in a 223 gun. So I thought about building one (most likely savage) with a new barrel and have it chambered in 5.56. I want to be able to use any 223 or 5.56 ammo out there, even M855 if I wanted to. I know it might not be as accurate at a 223 chamber with 223 ammo, but I'm not wanting to shoot 1000 yard matches with this gun. I do not want a short barrel, I want a minimum of 20 inches, but no longer than 26, also want it heavy profile and threaded, prefer no slower than 1-8 twist (so I can handload heavy bullets). Then I thought, you know what would also be kinda cool, is if there was a way to have a bolt gun that used standard AR15 mags. I already have plenty of AR mags including 10 round mags I use for shooting from the bench. Being able to use what I have would be great.
Seems like every time I build a gun, I always run into some problem. Also the cost always seems to go above what I am wanting or expecting to spend.
I start looking around online for options and all I am finding is stuff for aics mags or proprietary mags. Then I somehow run across the moosberg MVP, specifically the MVP LR thunder ranch. Somehow I have completely missed this gun, as I had never seen or heard of it before. The cool thing, is it seems like it fits pretty much every criteria I laid out above. Bolt action, heavy 20 inch threaded barrel, 5.56 chamber, 1-7 twist, and takes AR mags.
I now have a sudden strong interest in this rifle. So does anyone here have any experience with this rifle or know of any other bolt action rifles on the market that are of the same style. This seems like it might be my most logical choice. I like that it is a "turn key" in the configuration that I am wanting, that way I do not have to fool with building one and the headaches that come with it. And the prices are pretty reasonable. I even saw a used one online for $450.

https://www.mossberg.com/product/mvp-lr-28040/