Thread: Replacement Trigger Guard

Basic Member

Replacement Trigger Guard

Hi, my first post after my introduction. Hopefully someone can help.

I have a pre accutrigger Savage 110 in 30-06 with top bolt release. It is currently configured as a blind magazine wood stock set up.

My problem is the plastic trigger guard has split at the front action screw and I am reluctant to torque the screw as it seems the trigger guard will split and crack more than it already has. Consequently I can't tighten the rifle into the stock, making it almost unusable.

Therefore I am after a steel trigger guard to fit to the rifle. The issue is, I reside in New Zealand and cannot get one locally.

Is anyone able to tell me who stocks the metal replacement trigger guards that will ship internationally.

Any assistance would be much appreciated,

R.

Ebay

Basic Member
    Had a look on ebay. Could not find anyone who would ship to NZ. Seems it is going to be harder than i expected to get my Savage back into order.

Quote Originally Posted by Robojaz View Post
    Hi, my first post after my introduction. Hopefully someone can help.

I have a pre accutrigger Savage 110 in 30-06 with top bolt release. It is currently configured as a blind magazine wood stock set up.

My problem is the plastic trigger guard has split at the front action screw and I am reluctant to torque the screw as it seems the trigger guard will split and crack more than it already has. Consequently I can't tighten the rifle into the stock, making it almost unusable.

Therefore I am after a steel trigger guard to fit to the rifle. The issue is, I reside in New Zealand and cannot get one locally.

Is anyone able to tell me who stocks the metal replacement trigger guards that will ship internationally.

Any assistance would be much appreciated,

R.

I have shipped to New Zealand many times, plus had items shipped to me from NZ. Postage is "not" that bad, should be $20.00 USD +/- a few unless things have changed.

I will PM you.

You must check on your countries laws regarding incoming rifle parts to make sure it's legal.

I will look forward to hearing from you,

Dennis

PS:
    "I" am NOT able to PM you. If you wish to post your email address here, I will contact you. I have a few metal guards.
    [B][SIZE=3]Dennis[/SIZE][/B]

Buy from Dennis. Good prices great feedback on accurate shooter. I have e not personally but when you see someone selling quality savage parts on multiple sites you file it for future reference

Quote Originally Posted by bumrush View Post
    Buy from Dennis. Good prices great feedback on accurate shooter. I have e not personally but when you see someone selling quality savage parts on multiple sites you file it for future reference
    Thanks for the kind words, I try my best while providing quality OEM products plus the best Aftermarket Pre-Fit Barrels at a good price.

Dennis
    [B][SIZE=3]Dennis[/SIZE][/B]

Basic Member
    Following

Basic Member
    'Dennis'... Not sure why you can't pm me. Do I need to have a minimum number of post before I can pm?
    Anyway, i would very much like to get a metal trigger gyard from you. Thanks for helping me out, very much appreciated.

Basic Member
    Ok, dumb moment... I have over 15 posts now, how do I pm people??

Go to "Notifications" at the top, right of the screen. "Send new message" will be on the left.

Basic Member
    Got it. Thanks

Basic Member
    Hey Dennis are you still able help me out with a trigger guard? I have pm'd you but not sure if you have received them. Thanks. R

Basic Member
    Question out of curiosity: Is it possible to just say it's a bracket or something, and not identify it as a trigger guard? Or maybe as a more honest solution, call it a safety guard?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    Question out of curiosity: Is it possible to just say it's a bracket or something, and not identify it as a trigger guard? Or maybe as a more honest solution, call it a safety guard?
    Providing a rifle part is not a part of a military style semi auto or restricted weapon, it can be imported into New Zealand without issue. Last year I got an AICS bottom metal from US, no problems.

The trouble I have had is finding someone I can purchase a savage trigger guard from who will send it out of the US. I have previously bought Remington and Tikka rifle parts from US, are there restrictions specifically on Savages, or has there been a clamp down / law change on what can be exported from the US?

Thanks,

Basic Member
    I've got the same gun only plastic stock. My trigger guard is split as well. I will be getting with Dennis as well.