I’ve put 120 rounds thru the gun since getting it last week, with mostly 300 grn Nosler CC’s. Shot great, have been very pleased so far with the accuracy and the gun in general.

Then I finally got around to measuring the throat and base to ogive today and it’s looks like, when I load to the recommended COL for that bullet, and what I’ve been using, I’ve got a minimum of .065” of jam. Minimum! About fell out of my chair.

Haven’t really seen any overly excessive signs of pressure other than some slight firing pin cratering, and I mean very slight and only at the very upper end of the charges. And I did finally pierce 1 primer with a slightly over max load, after seeing no real signs of pressure with the same charge right before it.

So far, I’ve been using enough neck tension that I can still extract the round without pulling the bullet. And, enough tension that the bullet is not being driven back into the case compressing the load, at least internally.

So, what to do? I was going to back off anyway and shoot one the lower nodes most of the time, and take it easy on the components and me. Just wondering if I’m literally playing Russian roulette, shooting it with that much jam?

Keep shooting it or send it back?