After a severe injury which has left me handicapped I have recovered enough to once again to be interested in shooting. I have a Savage model 12 heavy barrel in 22-250 that I would like to install a Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44 scope. Are these considered to be a pretty decent scope? A few years ago they seemed to be considered very good, but reading some of the posts on here they seem to have lost some of the enthusiasm they once had. I realize this is by far not a high end scope but would it still be something decent for the rifle I have?

I also have a Savage model 10 in 243 I need to get scoped. Is the Redfield Revolution a decent scope? It seems to have pretty good reviews from what I can find and is reasonably priced. I would probably be thinking of a 3-9 power.

The most important thing to me is a scope that will hold zero and be able to not be destroyed by recoil. Light transmission and everything else is fine, but the most important is something that is reliable. Naturally the 22-250 with the heavy barrel doesn't have much recoil and the 243 is a long ways from a 300 mag but being as light as it is it still has considerable recoil.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.