Thread: Feed issue 10fp-le

Feed issue 10fp-le

Hi all, long long time watcher but first time poster!

I'm pulling my hair out at present over my 223 Savage 10fp.
    When bought new it came in a horrible flimsy stock. I later replaced the stock with a choate tactical. The group's tightened up real good.

Recently I have had feed issues. The first round in the mag usually feeds fine but second and subsequent rounds often don't get picked up by the bolt. The exception to this is if the round is pushed all the way to the back of the mag.

I have tried little shims in the bottom of the blind mag to raise the height but can't get a permanent fix. I've also played with the lips but that didn't work.

I'm looking for ideas. Do I need to replace my blind mag box, spring or something else. If all else fails, would the ORYX chassis work in this model Savage with a bind mag? I thought switching to a chassis and DBM would most certainly fix it.

Wise input is most appreciated. Btw I'm in Oz so may be limited to the parts you all have access to.

Basic Member
    If the 1st is feeding fine and the subsequent ones are not that sounds like a Spring weakness for tilt of the follower

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by calaper View Post
    Hi all, long long time watcher but first time poster!

I'm pulling my hair out at present over my 223 Savage 10fp.
    When bought new it came in a horrible flimsy stock. I later replaced the stock with a choate tactical. The group's tightened up real good.

Recently I have had feed issues. The first round in the mag usually feeds fine but second and subsequent rounds often don't get picked up by the bolt. The exception to this is if the round is pushed all the way to the back of the mag.

I have tried little shims in the bottom of the blind mag to raise the height but can't get a permanent fix. I've also played with the lips but that didn't work.

I'm looking for ideas. Do I need to replace my blind mag box, spring or something else. If all else fails, would the ORYX chassis work in this model Savage with a bind mag? I thought switching to a chassis and DBM would most certainly fix it.

Wise input is most appreciated. Btw I'm in Oz so may be limited to the parts you all have access to.
    I guess it could even be that the action is sitting up too high in the stock

Quote Originally Posted by Ted_Feasel View Post
    If the 1st is feeding fine and the subsequent ones are not that sounds like a Spring weakness for tilt of the follower

Did you mean OR tilt of the follower?

It's definitely not that action sitting too high, everything is torqued up and sitting flush. I did think of the spring...I may try and order a new one to see if that fixes things.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by calaper View Post
    Did you mean OR tilt of the follower?

It's definitely not that action sitting too high, everything is torqued up and sitting flush. I did think of the spring...I may try and order a new one to see if that fixes things.
    Yeah, sorry lol should be "or"