Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Show me some Savages in PRS/NRL

Basic Member

---

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
    I did see another savage in my squad. He had a 6.5x47 go off in his 6.5 cm chamber. Can you say case head separation!!! He got the case out with a cleaning rod and carried on. Didn't even have to beat the bolt open. I didn't get the story on how he managed to mix the cases up.
    I did this shooting my 1911. I loaded up a couple of mags and chambered a round. Sights on target, pull the trigger and click. So failure drill, Tap-Rack-and Click again. My buddy told me the cartridge dropped out of the barrel after I cycled the slide. Of course I disregarded his comments because that's not even possible.

Turns out I grabbed .40SW instead of .45ACP. I'd been shooting mostly .40 so the size difference didn't register and they fit it the mag just fine. My Ammo Cans are much better marked now and it makes it easier to find on the shelf too.

I guess my first mistake was shooting .40. If i'd stuck to 9mm and .45ACP that wold never have happened.

This guy actually fires a 9mm in a Glock 23 (.40SW) and fires a .223 from that same Glock. No Kaboom and it actually fires.

Basic Member
    The one the right is (read WAS) my 223 trainer. I say "was" because my wife is starting to shoot it in matches, until I get her Bighorn/Proof/MPA finished.

Blueprinted Model 12
    Factory 26" 1:8
    MPA Comp chassis
    Athlon Argos BTR

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by A&8's View Post
    The one the right is (read WAS) my 223 trainer. I say "was" because my wife is starting to shoot it in matches, until I get her Bighorn/Proof/MPA finished.
    Haha, that's how it happens. I've been thinking about getting a trainer. Not sure if I want to go .22LR .17HMR or .223. I'm leaning toward the .17 but well see.

I like your ammo pouch, how many does it hold? 90? Which one is it? I found these but not sure i\I want to spend $120 for a set.
    http://www.aemprecision.com/match-da...-kit-set-of-3/

Basic Member
    My Savage 10 TR .308

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCal326 View Post
    Haha, that's how it happens. I've been thinking about getting a trainer. Not sure if I want to go .22LR .17HMR or .223. I'm leaning toward the .17 but well see.

I like your ammo pouch, how many does it hold? 90? Which one is it? I found these but not sure i\I want to spend $120 for a set.
    http://www.aemprecision.com/match-da...-kit-set-of-3/

It's a ColeTac. It holds 120 rounds.

https://www.cole-tac.com/product/ammo-novel/

Basic Member
    I cant get pictures working this morning, but here is the IG link for my finish in the Canadian Sharpshooter Classic. I took #1 in tactical division and placed #19 overall out of 103 shooters. This was a sanctioned PRS match at RFMA Academy near Hanna Alberta.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz7FGKDA2Vi/?igshid=2h127ur7nlbt
    My rifle has changed configuration quite a bit since starting to shoot PRS matches!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
    I cant get pictures working this morning, but here is the IG link for my finish in the Canadian Sharpshooter Classic. I took #1 in tactical division and placed #19 overall out of 103 shooters. This was a sanctioned PRS match at RFMA Academy near Hanna Alberta.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz7FGKDA2Vi/?igshid=2h127ur7nlbt
    My rifle has changed configuration quite a bit since starting to shoot PRS matches!

Jon Pynch hurt some feelings up there!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12