Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Feed issue 10fp-le

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    2

    Feed issue 10fp-le

    Hi all, long long time watcher but first time poster!

    I'm pulling my hair out at present over my 223 Savage 10fp.
    When bought new it came in a horrible flimsy stock. I later replaced the stock with a choate tactical. The group's tightened up real good.

    Recently I have had feed issues. The first round in the mag usually feeds fine but second and subsequent rounds often don't get picked up by the bolt. The exception to this is if the round is pushed all the way to the back of the mag.

    I have tried little shims in the bottom of the blind mag to raise the height but can't get a permanent fix. I've also played with the lips but that didn't work.

    I'm looking for ideas. Do I need to replace my blind mag box, spring or something else. If all else fails, would the ORYX chassis work in this model Savage with a bind mag? I thought switching to a chassis and DBM would most certainly fix it.

    Wise input is most appreciated. Btw I'm in Oz so may be limited to the parts you all have access to.

  2. #2
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    328
    If the 1st is feeding fine and the subsequent ones are not that sounds like a Spring weakness for tilt of the follower

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by calaper View Post
    Hi all, long long time watcher but first time poster!

    I'm pulling my hair out at present over my 223 Savage 10fp.
    When bought new it came in a horrible flimsy stock. I later replaced the stock with a choate tactical. The group's tightened up real good.

    Recently I have had feed issues. The first round in the mag usually feeds fine but second and subsequent rounds often don't get picked up by the bolt. The exception to this is if the round is pushed all the way to the back of the mag.

    I have tried little shims in the bottom of the blind mag to raise the height but can't get a permanent fix. I've also played with the lips but that didn't work.

    I'm looking for ideas. Do I need to replace my blind mag box, spring or something else. If all else fails, would the ORYX chassis work in this model Savage with a bind mag? I thought switching to a chassis and DBM would most certainly fix it.

    Wise input is most appreciated. Btw I'm in Oz so may be limited to the parts you all have access to.
    I guess it could even be that the action is sitting up too high in the stock

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted_Feasel View Post
    If the 1st is feeding fine and the subsequent ones are not that sounds like a Spring weakness for tilt of the follower

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Did you mean OR tilt of the follower?

    It's definitely not that action sitting too high, everything is torqued up and sitting flush. I did think of the spring...I may try and order a new one to see if that fixes things.

  5. #5
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by calaper View Post
    Did you mean OR tilt of the follower?

    It's definitely not that action sitting too high, everything is torqued up and sitting flush. I did think of the spring...I may try and order a new one to see if that fixes things.
    Yeah, sorry lol should be "or"

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. New 223 - Feed issue
    By Onewolf in forum 110-Series Bolt-Action Rifles
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-06-2016, 06:07 PM
  2. 10-FCP feed issue
    By JWPNW in forum 110-Series Bolt-Action Rifles
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 09-04-2015, 02:24 AM
  3. savage 10fp issue
    By srice425 in forum 110-Series Bolt-Action Rifles
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-14-2013, 06:14 PM
  4. 10FP feeding issue
    By wnycollector in forum 110-Series Bolt-Action Rifles
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-04-2013, 02:51 PM
  5. New 10FP firing issue
    By Captk in forum 110-Series Bolt-Action Rifles
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-01-2012, 04:14 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •