Thread: Finally settled on and bought the scope, back to analysis paralysis......

Basic Member

Finally settled on and bought the scope, back to analysis paralysis......

Indulge me...lol. So I finally decided on the Vortex Gen 2 PST 5x25, and picked it up yesterday (MOA, of course). This is going on the 110 Tactical with factory installed 20moa rail. I also picked up, on recommendation of the guy at the store, a Burris PEPR base. This one is QD, which I really wasn't looking for, but I guess it would be nice to be able to take that big scope off for certain things (like travel or storage). But now I'm wondering.... I have a Vortex 1x8 on my DDM4, and it is mounted with a Vortex Cantilever base. Both are 30mm scopes. So would you remove the Vortex mount and use it on the bolt gun and put the QD Burris on the AR, or keep the QD on the bolt gun? (Or, is the Burris even a good mount, I didn't research it before I bought it because I wasn't looking for it, and can return it, but after looking last night it seems to get good reviews). You know, I used to be able to make decisions on my own, sites like this one have ruined me...…

Both are really AR scope mounts. I would rather have a mount that gives me a repeatable easy to acquire cheek weld.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    For bolt guns, I prefer standard rings, unless I need to add more MOA and don't want to buy another base. These are the rings I prefer using:
    https://www.americanrifle.com/shop/p...-7?category=15
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Basic Member
    Well, I opened the package and stuck it on the rail..... way too high. Taking it back and will get standard rings for it.