Thread: Stock paint permanent?

Basic Member

Stock paint permanent?

I've seen people paint their accustocks, and I was thinking of painting mine something other than the dk gray. My question is, is there a paint that would not be permanent. I'm not sure what this stock is actually made of, but it feels almost rubber like instead of being a closed pore material like a wood stock with urethane. At one time, I had bow flage paint that you could paint your bow with (way back before they came that way), and it was easily removed if you didn't like it or wanted to change it up. Anyone ever paint their stock then try to remove the paint later?

I still have some of that bow-flage on piece of gear. Was kinda neat, although it’s not the most robust stuff. I think Krylon would be the closest thing to what you’re looking for. Although it’s not really a ‘removable’ paint. If you ding or chip or otherwise scuff your paint it’s easy and cheap enough to blast it with another layer of paint.

Basic Member
    That accutouch style material is like the hogue overmold. I don’t know how easy it will be to remove paint from that finish

Basic Member
    I’ve painted 4 or 5 stocks with Krylon and to make it more durable put 3 or 4 coats of clear poly on top. I think if I wanted to change schemes I would lightly sand and repaint instead of trying to remove the old color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try a small spot somewhere inconspicuous to see if the Krylon will dry properly on the rubber coating.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Basic Member
    This is a paint I've used to good success on flexible vinyl surfaces. Comes in a variety of colors and might do well on the accustock.
    https://www.smsdistributors.com/prod...ine-vinyl-coat
    Banning a gun will not solve what is a mental health crisis inflamed by incendiary rhetoric on social and television media. The first amendment in this case is less precious and more likely the causal factor than the second amendment.