Thread: 112 Magnum Target 338 LM Conversion Question

Basic Member

112 Magnum Target 338 LM Conversion Question

I know this is a single shot rifle, however, is the bottom of the receiver solid or is there a mag well cut out and could it be converted to a repeater with a stock change and associated hardware?

Basic Member
    It's a solid bottom single shot, and it is the strongest version made for the .338L. Why would you want to make it a repeater?? Repeater versions are available.
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpshooter View Post
    It's a solid bottom single shot, and it is the strongest version made for the .338L. Why would you want to make it a repeater?? Repeater versions are available.
    I was going to address in the OP but then figured I’d keep it short to begin with.

Well, the total cost really. The HS version is probably the better value. For somewhere around another $450 you get, arguably a “nicer” stock, bottom metal, magazine and rail. Plus, I already have a 12 LRP 6.5 CM with the same exact HS stock and frankly I’m not crazy about it. So, why buy another one, even if it’s the better value? Figured I’d try the 112 Target and if the single shot thing didn’t work out, I might have the option of converting it over to a repeater.

The other model, the long range hunter, comes with the accustock. Have a 223 in one of those too and I’m not crazy about it either.

Anyway, probably end up going with the 112 Target model, just considering all my options before I “pull the trigger”.

BTW, thanks for the intel.

Basic Member
    I have a 112 and love it. As SS said, it has to be a very strong action since the bottom is solid. That's one reason I bought it. The other reasons are the value vs. other models, it's very heavy due to the laminate stock and the very large barrel profile. That combined with the brake make it very easy to shoot. Mine has proven to be very accurate so far with what few rounds I've put through it.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by efm77 View Post
    I have a 112 and love it. As SS said, it has to be a very strong action since the bottom is solid. That's one reason I bought it. The other reasons are the value vs. other models, it's very heavy due to the laminate stock and the very large barrel profile. That combined with the brake make it very easy to shoot. Mine has proven to be very accurate so far with what few rounds I've put through it.
    Thanks for the report.