Thread: Savage Axis Left Hand Pro Varmint??

Savage Axis Left Hand Pro Varmint??

Just wondering if I'm reading something wrong, or my eyes are deceiving me... Am I seriously seeing that Boyds has finally made the Pro Varmint available to us lefty shooters for the Axis line? If someone could confirm that I'm not the only one who thinks this is true, I'd appreciate it... (J. Baker?)

I've wanted to put one on my 22-250 PD gun since I built it, but the PV wasn't available for the lefty Axis at that time. I'd have to pillar and bed the new PV again (the Prairie hunter was my first attempt) and even though it was a PITA, it'd be worth it, to have the stock I wanted and can handle a full Varmint contour when I replace the heavy sporter barrel when it's shot out.

Thanks,

I have Axis 270 Win with a Boyds stock, picture is the top Rifle, other is Mark II both lefty Rifles.

What I did, was contact them Boyds customer service in e-mail, and they replied back telling exactly what I need to order.
    There customers was very accurate, and ordered another stock from them in Lefty.
    If you are insure do your homework first either calling them or e-mail, you will have idea of what you want for your rifle.

USAF/RET 1966-1990
    Aim High

Basic Member
    Here's my Axis in .223 Remington in a Boyd's left handed thumbhole stock.

Nice looking rifles and stocks guys... But none of those are the Pro Varmint Stock. I'm looking for the PV for the Axis in left hand bolt.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SageRat Shooter View Post
    Nice looking rifles and stocks guys... But none of those are the Pro Varmint Stock. I'm looking for the PV for the Axis in left hand bolt.
    Have you called Boyd's? I had a bunch of questions when I was getting my stock and I found them to be extremely helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by andyknaster View Post
    Have you called Boyd's? I had a bunch of questions when I was getting my stock and I found them to be extremely helpful.
    I've got an email into them asking for clarification. I just thought some of my other fellow Lefties have been waiting as long as I have for this option to become available to us. I'll post what they tell me.

So, I got an email back from Boyds.... And here is what they said:

Yes you can order a left hand bolt in either a long action or a short action in the pro varmint for the savage axis.

Yeah!!!! All I can say is that "It's about DANG Time"!!!!