I want to thank all the members who have made suggestions concerning the LRP. My goal was to reach 0.5 moa. I want to share what I found. I am seeing 0.45 moa with Berger 140g hunter hybrid just touching the lands. Incredibly, I am seeing 0.25 moa with Berger 130 AR hybrids, again touching the lands (0.000 jam) 39.5g H4350 CCI BR2. The main thing is patience. This is totally a factory Savage. I found the action screws were not properly torqued and I cleaned up the barrel with David Tubbs Final finish. This has made a world of difference in accuracy for my barrel. I am using Tubbs throat maintenance kit as recommended. Needless to say the Berger 130 AR will be my go to bullet with the 140 hunter elite (hybrid) a close enough second.
I had about given up on the factory LRP but patience pays. The Savage will shoot! For anyone interested I tossed the Caldwel lead sled. I am using Caldwell bag front and a wedge bag rear. I am shooting using the free recoil technique off the bags. It wouldn’t work with a lighter gun. Also, a Vortex viper at 20x.
Again, thanks to all.