Thread: 10BA Stealth base screws

Basic Member

10BA Stealth base screws

I recently bought the 10BA Stealth, went to mount a scope on it, picatinny rail, vortex rings, bushnell scope, lapped the rings, etc, all went well until went to bore sight, holy crap had to turn the windage so far to the right to get it on that I only had 1 complete rotation left on the right, 7 on the left!

well, after checking, rechecking and re re checking the scope, rings, boresight etc, pulled everything off and discovered they apparently drilled and tapped thereceiver crooked.

Crap... just so happened a buddy had a set of Burris signature rings and a set of 0 and +/- .010 inserts, got those on and we are back to being in business I think, have not shot it yet but at least the boresight is looking good and now I have 4.5 and 3.5 rotations on the windage.

So, my experience with the Burris rings is they are pretty neat, takes some work to get them adjusted but they seem to work, hopefully they will hold up.

Anyone else had a "crooked" experience?

I think I am going to wait and see how it shoots, but if I have any issues I am going to contact Savage, kind of hate to start right out of the gate with a defect, but I guess I will wait and see...

Basic Member
    Unfortunately that manufacturing defect is not uncommon, however you were fortunate enough to be able to tune it out using the Burris rings and keeping your windage turret centered. I guess as long as Savage (and other manufacturers) keep on making that mistake, there will always be a market for Burris rings, Leupold too.

BTW: If you upgrade your membership a bit, you'll get access to classifieds and ability to find cool used stuff at a significant savings. Well worth a couple bucks, IMOP.
    Banning a gun will not solve what is a mental health crisis inflamed by incendiary rhetoric on social and television media. The first amendment in this case is less precious and more likely the causal factor than the second amendment.

Basic Member
    Call Savage Customer Service and Complain about their manufacturing defect!!! As I recall they advertise to have "blueprinted" the action to ensure high quality on the Savage Stealth. Obviously their QA failed. You will have to send your rifle back and they will have to replace the appropriate parts.

Basic Member
    I thought I would wait and see how it shoots before I contact savage on the issue. If it shoots decent then I will probably just go with it, now that I know the issue, but if it doesn't shoot well or I have discover any other issues, then I will be contacting them for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas10 View Post
    Unfortunately that manufacturing defect is not uncommon, however you were fortunate enough to be able to tune it out using the Burris rings and keeping your windage turret centered. I guess as long as Savage (and other manufacturers) keep on making that mistake, there will always be a market for Burris rings, Leupold too.

BTW: If you upgrade your membership a bit, you'll get access to classifieds and ability to find cool used stuff at a significant savings. Well worth a couple bucks, IMOP.
    I had the same thing on my Stealth, and solved the issue with Signature rings and the 10moa shim to one side. I actually did e-mail savage customer service and got no response.