Thread: 110 Predator or Varmint?

110 Predator or Varmint?

Hey guys. I am looking to buy either a 110 Predator or Varmint in .204 Ruger. I am curious what are the pros/cons of each?

Also, any tips on the cheapest place to order it from?

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...ator+204+ruger

The picture shows the previous Accustock (Pre Accufit/Accustock) but I believe the SKU Number is correct according to Savage's website. I have the pre-Accufit Accustock in 6.5 Creedmoor and like it a lot.

Basic Member
    Both come with the Accufit stock, Accutrigger, and detachable box magazine. Both utilize the bottom bolt release button in front of the trigger guard.

The Varmint has a longer heavier barrel and weighs about 1.3 lbs more than the Predator.

The Predator has a fluted and threaded barrel (which raises the price) if those features are important to you. It also has the Camo pattern stock if your need that and comes with scope bases installed.

My take: The Varmint is better suited for stationary shooting in the field or from a bench at the range. The Predator is better suited for field carry. At their heart, they are the same rifle with slightly different feature sets.

I buy guns from Bud's online or look for sales at stores like Cabela's and Bass Pro.

Basic Member
    I did a lot of looking before I bought my Desert Tactical from Bud's He has the best prices, no shipping and no sales tax.
    Run until your heart bursts

Basic Member
    I have a varmint in .223. Stupid accurate but I wouldnt want to carry it. Barrel is a full bull barrel. I would reccomend it for bench shooting only.

Would the Predator, with the fluted barrel, cool faster or slower than the full bull barrel of the Varmint? I’m going to be using this prairie dog hunting and will be going through a lot of ammo in a short amount of time.

Basic Member
    Being retired from Lexington PD, I have purchased a lot of things from Buds. Nothing against them, they are great. But, that said, when it comes to price there are other players in town now. I've purchased from KY Gun Co. in Bardstown, and they are great. I've purchased A LOT from Everything Concealed Carry here in Louisville, and they are fantastic. When it comes to price, I check all 3, because depending on what it is, there is sometimes a 30 dollar difference between the 3, with the cheapest not always being the same.
    https://www.eccguns.com/

https://kygunco.com/