Thread: Swapping 110 “Lightweight” Storm Magazine System?ea

Basic Member

Swapping 110 “Lightweight” Storm Magazine System?ea

Purchased a “Lightweight” 110 Storm, not realizing it had the “axis” type magazine system. The fit is lousy and the rear mag lock up is basically onto a plastic shelf on the stock that is only going to get worse with wear. Nobodies fault but mine, should have researched it more. Had I known it had the “Axis” type mags I would have passed, too late now.

Having said that, I would like to put this “Lightweight” Storm action in a Bell & Carlson M40 stock and convert over to the regular Savage proprietary magazine system. Can I just purchase the “regular” Storm/Savage bottom metal and install that in the the B&C stock and have the Lightweight Storm action drop right in? Or is there more difference between the lightweight Storm model and the regular Storm model than meets the eye?

Team Savage
    The Savage LWH and LW Storm actions have the same rounded bottom footprint as a standard Savage action. They will fit into a regular SA or LA, bottom bolt release stock. You can upgrade to the Savage metal DBM or HFP magazine system. Purchase the metal DBM or HFP frame assembly (surround) and metal magazine bottom cap in SS finish directly from Savage Arms Parts. I would also order a SS metal, bottom bolt release trigger guard to replace the plastic trigger guard that most likely came on the 110 LW Storm.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdown View Post
    The Savage LWH and LW Storm actions have the same rounded bottom footprint as a standard Savage action. They will fit into a regular SA or LA, bottom bolt release stock. You can upgrade to the Savage metal DBM or HFP magazine system. Purchase the metal DBM or HFP frame assembly (surround) and metal magazine bottom cap in SS finish directly from Savage Arms Parts. I would also order a SS metal, bottom bolt release trigger guard to replace the plastic trigger guard that most likely came on the 110 LW Storm.

That is good news, excellent intel and replacing the trigger guard while Im at it is a great idea.

Thanks.