Thread: Hog hunter

Hog hunter

I’m interested in purchasing a hog hunter in 308 to use for predator calling when black bear and cougar are in season on the west side of Washington state. Reviews of the rifle with the exception of the stock seem very positive. My question is while both the model 11 and 110 hog hunters are still available which would you choose. I am 99.9% sure I will put a new stock on either rifle.

Basic Member
    I have a hog hunter and the model 11 trophy hunter both in 308. There are basically three differences, barrel, bolt handle and stock/mag.

Hog Hunter 11 Trophy Hunter
    Barrel 20" Heavy, threaded 22" standard contour
    Handle Large knob Standard
    Stock/mag Blind mag DBM

It's going to come down to your personnal preference.

Basic Member
    I have the model 11 hog hunter and love it. The stock isnt the nicest thing on earth by any means but I seem to do alright with it. I got it not too long before they made the announcement for the new 110 series... I wouldve waited if I had known, I had no plans to swap the stock but the accufit stock and the dbm wouldve won me over... looks better made, more comfortable, adjustable comb and LOP etc... if you’re going to change the stock anyways I guess it doesnt matter much though... all this makes me want a 110 tactical now!

Basic Member
    So the new 110 series are gonna be both short and long action guns, same model number now? No more 10, 11, etc?

i bought a older 223 hog hunter. Has top bolt release blind mag. I converted it over to detachable mag and put a boyds laminate hardwood stock on it. With most factory ammo its been a good shooter. Around an inch/1.25” average with 50-62 grains stuff. The deer hunter xp 64 gr shoots just under an inch on a good day. Sig sauer match 77 gr shot under and inch as well, i had 3 clover leaf and 2 just off the leaf touching each other. Only a 9 power scope so might do better with a clearer target picture. Better reticle control.

For a factory gun it seems very good. I am sure 308 would be as good.

Basic Member
    Yeah the new 110’s are both long and short action. I’d have a savage in .223 in a second if they shot 5.56 too.

Quote Originally Posted by Steak n eggs View Post
    Yeah the new 110’s are both long and short action. I’d have a savage in .223 in a second if they shot 5.56 too.
    I bang out the real deal mk262 mod 1
    All the time.
    Your not gonna blow a 110 receiver up with anything you put in the chamber. You might blow primers out of a reload but not the receiver.
    Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk