Thread: I need help finding BT-style bolt handles for older flatback rifles

Basic Member

I need help finding BT-style bolt handles for older flatback rifles

I have a 1991 blued LA RH 110 flatback rifle that I want to upgrade the bolt handle as it is hard to manipulate the original with a scope attached. Will a new bolt handle fit this bolt as it has a different type screw holding it on? I also have a 2003 stainless steel SA RH 16 I believe flatback action/rifle that I also want to upgrade the bolt handle for the same reason as the first. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where I could find these BT-style bolt handles? Thank you in advance for your help with this matter.
    CJP1

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CJP1 View Post
    I have a 1991 blued LA RH 110 flatback rifle that I want to upgrade the bolt handle as it is hard to manipulate the original with a scope attached. Will a new bolt handle fit this bolt as it has a different type screw holding it on? I also have a 2003 stainless steel SA RH 16 I believe flatback action/rifle that I also want to upgrade the bolt handle for the same reason as the first. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where I could find these BT-style bolt handles? Thank you in advance for your help with this matter.
    CJP1
    I would make one. A stainless rod of the correct diameter and a torch to heat and shape and a die set to cut the threads you need:)

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    I went through a bunch of simular threads after my original post. I have most of my questions answered. I found two places where I can purchase SS RH roundback BT-style bolt handles. Midway USA has them on backorder for $27.99. The other place is tacticalworks.com. They have them in stock for $34.00. I figure that I should buy stainless handles for both. If I don't like how they look, I can always have my buddy mill them to match the existing bolt handle flat contours. That way there I wouldn't have to get a new black bolt handle refinished. I hate to wait so I'll probably go with the ones from tacticalworks.com. I could also buy BA-style tactical handles but they are too big for hunting rifles IMHO.

Team Savage
    You could also try the Stockade Gun Stocks Savage Tactical Bolt handles. They come in stainless or black and are 1/2" longer than stock for increased leverage. You also have your choice of 5/8" or 3/4" bolt knobs. They cost a little more than the Midway or Tactical Works versions but are usually in stock. If you are going to have to pay have the round back versions milled to match your flat back actions the cost difference might be a wash. I have them on the two flat back long actions I own and they work great. I also like how they match the action. Link below:

http://www.stockadegunstocks.com/4.html

Basic Member
    I decided to go with the Stainless Savage BT-Style round back bolt handles from Tactical Works. They look good on both rifles and also help with operating their bolts. The model 110 bolt lift is still stiffer than I would like. I'm thinking about buying a Lambeth bolt lift kit from Custom Guns and Ammunition for it. Thanks for your replies.
    CJP1