Thread: 12 FV versus 110 Predator?

12 FV versus 110 Predator?

Hey guys. What is the difference between the 12 FV and the 110 Predator. The 12 FV is on sale for $319 right now at Cabelas, and the 110 Predator is double that. I imagine there has to be significant differences between the two with the large price spread, but I cannot find out what they are.

Also, has anyone seen the 12 FV in .204 Ruger?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by greatshot View Post
    Hey guys. What is the difference between the 12 FV and the 110 Predator. The 12 FV is on sale for $319 right now at Cabelas, and the 110 Predator is double that. I imagine there has to be significant differences between the two with the large price spread, but I cannot find out what they are.

Also, has anyone seen the 12 FV in .204 Ruger?
    Attachment 5795

Main difference is the 12FV has 26" barrel vs 22" and 12FV has blind internal box mag vs detachable box mag. I dropped my 12FV in .223 into a Choate Tactical Stock with CDI Bottom Metal which gave me detachable AICS mags. Shoots sub-moa at 100-yards with no recoil. If you want to upgrade, the 12FV is an awesome deal.

I can't find online where Cabela's shows .204 Ruger anymore in the 12 FV, but one of the fellas on the 12FV thread said you could call Cabela's and order one in 12FV.

I've got 3 FV12's, (the triplets). They are barrel heavy and would not be a good choice for carrying into the field/woods IMO. Great bench gun or for pdogs with a portable shooting bench. Accurate right out of the box, even better with hand loads.

One of my FV12 is a 204R, and I saw them on sale online at Cabelas a couple months ago but don't know about now. I got mine back when the sales and rebates were being offered, now just on sale at times.

204 12FVs have been a victim of BassPros and were clearanced out last month. I guess the difference of value between the two would be how much you favor upgrading or just using a rifle. I think the predator stock is much better than the 12FV. Many of us have spent the difference buying new stocks. Predator also comes with a detachable mag( although it is the cheapest form of them) which the 12FV does not have. Depending on your state regulations can be very handy to have. That can be added with a new stock on a 12FV, with the additional purchase of bottom metal or plastic.

I mostly shoot prairie dogs with them so I like the long barrels and 90% of the time I only load one shell at a time while shooting, so I favor 12FV.

I do carry a 12FV loaded in a case while coyote hunting for long shots I dont think an AR can make. Which with carry permit is no problem in my state.

Basic Member
    The 110 Predator is probably better suited for carrying in the field with its shorter barrel and lighter weight. It is ready to go out of the box and needs no modifications. The 12FV is a good low cost platform for customizing with the stock, optic mount, and feeding system of your choice. Buying a bare Savage action will cost as much as or more than the 12FV and you get a nice heavy barrel as well. I put my 12FV .223 in a Bell and Carlson Medalist stock with the blind magazine and use it strictly for bench shooting. I didn't care for the factory stock but others report that they shoot ok.

Well, it looks I cannot get the 12FV in 204 anymore. So, it comes down to the 110 Varmint, the 110 Predator, or the Ruger American Predator. Any advice?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by greatshot View Post
    Well, it looks I cannot get the 12FV in 204 anymore. So, it comes down to the 110 Varmint, the 110 Predator, or the Ruger American Predator. Any advice?
    The ruger American isn’t in the same league as the other 2. It’s an entry level hunting rifle. The other 2 use way better components. Go with whichever has the accustock,and needs no “upgrades”