Thread: 6.5CM Axis II w/accutrigger

6.5CM Axis II w/accutrigger

Fired for first time my axis Creedmoor rifle. I fired 10 rounds today, just to try to sight in. Starting with the first shot the bolt would turn, but would not pull to the rear. I had to wait after each round several seconds and several tries to turn the bolt before spent case was finally ejected. I tried two manufacturers today, federal premium 130 grain and an unknown manufacturer with same results (both otc, no super loads). Any ideas? I'm gonna clean the rifle and try again soon. This time I'll try other manufacturers. Thx for any ideas?

Basic Member
    Sounds like you are lacking primary extraction. That is a function of the bolt handle engaging the extraction ramp that is machined just inside the rear of the receiver. If there is too much clearance the ramp doesn't engage on the bolt handle ramp and doesn't pop the case loose.
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."

Quote Originally Posted by sharpshooter View Post
    Sounds like you are lacking primary extraction. That is a function of the bolt handle engaging the extraction ramp that is machined just inside the rear of the receiver. If there is too much clearance the ramp doesn't engage on the bolt handle ramp and doesn't pop the case loose.
    That's what I was thinking (always a dangerous prop). This is my first bolt gun. How would one go about fixing this problem.....

Basic Member
    I've had that happen with some reloads as well. Usually stuff I only neck sized (.308 and .223). Once I went back to full length resizing it went away.

I called savage. They told me to return to academy for return to savage. I will update thread when the have a solution. Thanks to all for ideas and suggestions. MAGA. Rev4:1