We realize that in recent years more and more shooters - both new and old - are finding their way to the Savage Arms brand and have purchased their first ever Savage rifle. We welcome you to the Savage Nation and our forum, but we do ask that you do a few things before you dive in and start asking tons of questions on the forum.

1. Before creating a new post to ask a question, please first do a search to see if it's a topic that's been discussed before. Trust me, unless you have a real off-the-wall question it's probably already been asked a couple hundred times over the last 17 years.

Search Tip 1:
Note that the search tool requires you use terms at least 4 characters in length. So searching for "DBM" or "HFP" or "VLP" won't net you any results. Instead type out the full nomenclature, i.e "detachable box magazine" or "hinged floor plate" or "varmint low profile".

Search Tip #2: Use double quotation marks (" ") when searching for phrases containing more than one word. This will ensure you only get results that have that exact phrase rather than any post containing any one or more of the words in the phrase.

2. Read through and make yourself familiar with the FAQ articles on the main website. These are divided up into specific categories for Savage centerfire models (all Savage 10/110, 11/111, 12/112, 14/114 and 16/116 models, the Stevens 200, all Axis models, all Model 25's and the Model 40). and Savage rimfire models (Mark I/II/93R models, A-Series, B-Series, B-Mag, Model 64's and Rascals). These FAQ articles can be found at the following link:

http://www.savageshooters.com/conten...3-savage-faq-s

Savage Bolt-Action Rimfire FAQ's:
- Savage A17 Basic Disassembly & Cleaning Instructional Video
- Mark I/II & 93R Old v. Newer E-Receiver Differences
- Mark I/II & 93R Not Extracting/Ejecting Fired Cases

Gunsmithing How-To Articles:

---Savage Rimfires---
- Savage Mark II/93R: Weak Magazine Spring Fix
- Savage Rimfires: Polishing the Cocking Ramp (video)

Last updated on 3/6/2019