Thread: How to PM a member

Basic Member

How to PM a member

A fairly new member would like to buy my extra copy of David Royal's book. I don't know how to PM him (if I'm even allowed to do that) and I don't know the rules for giving him my personal contact information (or me getting his).

Two options for sending PM's...

1. Up in the dark blue header across the top of any page of the site, on the right hand side, you will see "Welcome [your username]" and then "Notifications". Click on notifications, then Inbox. On the page that loads, click "Send new Message" from the menu, then type the persons username into the recipient's field, etc.

2. Click on the persons username in any post that they have made on the site. This will open s sub-menu and one of the options is "Private Message".

As for giving out personal contact information, that's fine if you want to do so in a PM. The only time we frown upon that is if you do so in a classified ad due to our permission restrictions for those boards as including a phone or email address in the ad side-steps those restrictions. Doing so would also make you an easy target for any scammers fishing our site - the very reason we have those permission restrictions on those boards.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    J.Baker,
    That doesn't work for me. I've been a member here for a long time, and sent a lot of PMs in the past, but that feature appears to be off limits to me now, for some reason.
    There is a barrel in the sale ads that I wanted to contact the seller about, but now I am not able to post a response to the ad, or send a PM to the seller, either one.
    I would have just sent a private message to one of the staff about this issue, but it won't let me do that either!!
    Is there some way we can get this resolved??

Thanks!

Don