Thread: Factory Accufit Stock

Basic Member

Factory Accufit Stock Bedding?

Ok, you guys are going to have to bear with me on some of these questions, because while I have been shooting for decades, I'm basically I'm new to bolt action rifles. I feel like Oddball, from the movie Kelly's Heroes .... "Hey man, I just shoot them, I don't know what makes them work". I have been looking at stock bedding videos, and either they are carving out wooden stocks, or usually have some custom aftermarket stock.

Exactly what does the factory Accufit stock on a 110 Tactical need, if anything? The ad states "AccuStock rail system secures the action three-dimensionally along its entire length". "Together with the AccuStock™, which secures the action three-dimensionally along its entire length, the 110 Tactical provides the fit and function of a custom rifle—right out of the box."

So does this mean the stock does not need bedding, or does it need bedded to perform at it's best? Pillar bedding? Regular bedding? Memory foam??? It's all so confusing, I'm very very confused.....

Team Savage
    The Accustock is a synthetic stock with a metal skeleton running from the forearm to the stock grip. The recoil lug and action are cradled in the metal frame. No pillars, bedding or other upgrades required for excellent accuracy potential. Savage rifle models with Accustock also have metal bottom parts instead of plastic like some of the lower cost models. The new Savage 110 models with Accufit-Accustock now make buying a cheaper Savage model that has to be upgraded for best accuracy potential a questionable endeavor.

Here's a good visual explanation for you.

JP noted that the aluminum skeleton extends to the grip. As you can see in the video, the skeleton stops at the rear action bridge just forward of the trigger group.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    Alright!!! One less thing to worry about!!! Great way to start a Sunday morning....

Basic Member
    Thanks Jim, I have been looking at a new rifle to build. The 12 FV is intriguing at the price comes at, However, when you look at the 110 tactical that comes with the accustock for far less than you can buy a boyds stock for the FV, then still have to pillar bed it, make an adaptation for a ten round mag and then still glass bed the action is inferior to the accustock it makes the 110 tactical a real bargain. I have been watching videos this morning, this kind of cement my thinking

to use Ginger

Limited mode
    However, when
    Run until your heart bursts

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by plasticweld View Post
    Thanks Jim, I have been looking at a new rifle to build. The 12 FV is intriguing at the price comes at, However, when you look at the 110 tactical that comes with the accustock for far less than you can buy a boyds stock for the FV, then still have to pillar bed it, make an adaptation for a ten round mag and then still glass bed the action is inferior to the accustock it makes the 110 tactical a real bargain. I have been watching videos this morning, this kind of cement my thinking

to use Ginger

Limited mode
    However, when
    I haven't shot my 110 Tactical LH yet, but I've been over it with a fine tooth comb, and so far am very happy with it...it was on sale for 580.00

Looks like Savage continues to pack a lot into a very affordable rifle! Imagine what it would do with some handholds tuned in for it! 1/4" moa

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sled View Post
    I haven't shot my 110 Tactical LH yet, but I've been over it with a fine tooth comb, and so far am very happy with it...it was on sale for 580.00

Who did you get it from, I also need a LH model.
    Run until your heart bursts

Team Savage
    Quote Originally Posted by scootergisme View Post
    Looks like Savage continues to pack a lot into a very affordable rifle! Imagine what it would do with some handholds tuned in for it! 1/4" moa
    I’m pretty impressed with the Savage 110 Desert Tactical in 6mm Creedmoor I own. Can definitively get handloads to shoot sub 1/2” MOA when I do my part. And almost as good with Hornady factory ammo for the brass.

Basic Member
    Everything Concealed Carry here in Louisville. They ordered it and I had it in 3 days. Kentucky Gun Company in Bardstown also has them. Both places have internet shipping....
    https://www.eccguns.com/
    https://kygunco.com/

Any local dealer should be able to order you one in without much of a wait. In fact, with online ordering systems now most dealers can see what their distributor has in stock with a few mouse clicks.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Team Savage
    I would check Buds Gun Shop online. Usually have the the best cash discount price on Savage rifles and free shipping to FFL. Savage 110 Tactical is around $600.