Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New twist on MkII extraction problem- now cases won't eject.

Quote Originally Posted by MCscout View Post
    Back from the range today. Put 200 rounds of CCI SV through my M93 with no ejection problems. Looks like the fuel line clamp mods work well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    See above post

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk
    Jester

Here is a picture of the fuel line clamp, and the modified one installed on the bolt over the existing spring clip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Solved my Mkii FTE problem. Put one of the fouled casings back in the chamber and it still did the FTE dance. Wax buildup outside the mouth of the casing causes it to bind and the extractor rolls off of the rim. Put an Aquila in the chamber and it came straight out, no fuss, every time.

Not really interested any longer in figuring out the root cause of the problem.

Got my shipment of Aquila Rifle Match Competition ammo (40gr LRN, 1080fps, Eley Prime) and went to the range with the same fouled bore. No FTE at all. Shot sub-half inch groups at 50yds when I do my part. The ammo handled a gusting 12mph wind no problem, which surprised me most of all.

Not interested in a .22 rifle that has to be cleaned just for looking at it. I want something that's gonna be tough like a Timex and accurate like a Rolex.

I'll be liquidating my CCI SV and Green Tag ammo shortly.
    Last edited by unodemo; 04-29-2019 at 07:47 PM.
    Shoot 'lizbeth. Shoot! - Troy Landry

Quote Originally Posted by unodemo View Post

I'll be liquidating my CCI SV and Green Tag ammo shortly.

Might want to hold onto the CCI for future trading since CCI has made it known they have scaled back production.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk
    Jester

Basic Member
    My MKII will fail to extract after 70 to 100 rnds depending on ammo. It seems like the ammo with a lot of wax causes it the most. Usually just another cycle of the bolt is all I need to extract and I think the case has cooled and shrunk. I will just spin a brush in the chamber and run my Otis ripcord through the barrel and all is well till next time. Note: Mine is shooting tighter the higher the shot count and I am over 1000 now.

Basic Member

Details

Hi, I know this is an old thread but my search hasn't come up with anything. I'm wondering if anyone has any details on how to build the fuel clamp spring featured in this thread. I'm guessing you start with a 1/2" clamp and cut with a dremall but..............?

Basic Member
    Hi Andy,

I had a similar problem and found a resolution.

Initially, I had a safety selector switch issue (in separate forum if interested) and I believe when I was troubleshooting, I enlarged the extraction c-clip. The standard width of a "new" extractor spring measures .480. Not only did I bend it back cautiously, but I also lightly sharpened the extractor edges (black one) so it would catch the case rim better. It cycles and extracts the cases like new.

I also heard of people putting a second clip on top of the first one. You can buy the clip here as well, but I wanted to try the fix first before purchasing (it's cheap).

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-man.../mark-ii-lkfld

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12