Hello all, new member here. I wanted to add my spin on the common MkII extraction issue, and I would appreciate any advice you could give me. Thank-you in advance. I bought a Mk II FVSR in December of last year for my daughter as a Christmas present. She loved it, we took it out and ran 100rds of CCI mini-mag through it without issue. Our next trip out we put some CCI SV through it and after about 20rds we started to get some failures to extract- case stayed in the chamber. It wasn't every round but I'd say maybe one every 10 shots. Over the next few trips the issue got worse, we shot more mini-mags, more SV and some Blazer through it and each time there were more and more failures to extract. The gun was cleaned after every range trip.

Doing a little research I saw this was a common problem and contacted Savage CS. They were very helpful and said they would send a new cartridge guide, extractor and extractor spring clip right out. When I received the parts, I installed them into the bolt and went to the range. I shot 60 or so rounds through the gun without issue and then I began to have failures to eject. The case was extracted from the chamber but was not ejected out of the gun, nor did it remain on the face of the bolt. It was just loose in the gun. This did not happen every shot but over the last 20 or so rounds I'd say it happened 4 times.

Examining the bolt it does seem like the underside of the cartridge guide is a bit worn, as if it was rubbing against the metal where it mates with the barrel.

Has anyone had this issue and if so how did you resolve it. Thanks.