Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does your wife know how many guns you own?

The NRA is not perfect but when you compare them to Pelosi, Schumer or any name on the 2020 Dem president list, they really begin to shine.

If my wife knows how many guns I have I'm in deep trouble because I'm not married. lol
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by scootergisme View Post
    Move somewhere between the coasts. Oklahoma just passed a Constitutional Carry law that takes effect November 2019. Carry whatever you want without a permit. There are several other states between the coasts that have the same law.
    Our family history in NY goes back to 1644 after relocating from the VA Colony. I'm not moving because of current politics. We stay and fight.
    "They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance." Last words of Gen. Sedgwik

Stumpkiller i feel for you folks in northern NY. My wife nephew lives in New York and from what I have seen and how they try to control you it’s bad. The south easterner part your state is sucking the blood from you all. When we went to visit him when he was living in Malone I was amazed at the homes and farms. Because if you fix your place up they will tax the heck out of you and the farmers also get hit..
    Soil and water is another thing with them with on their laws. No field tiling because it will destroy the land and wild life.
    Anyway where I live most of the county is building up with new homes for the people that work in or around Cincinnati, so to find a place to hunt is getting hard to find.
    Savage TH in .223 & 308, VT .308, BVSS 223
    Philf

Basic Member
    https://cnycentral.com/news/local/st...fILcpBPL02oS3s

New York continues to be one of the leading states in the country where people are moving out of.
    According to United Van Lines, a St. Louis, Missouri-based moving company, New York ranked as the third most moved-out-of state in 2017, ahead of only Illinois and New Jersey. Despite the ranking, it is actually a continued improvement from previous recent years. New York ranked second in 2015, 2014, 2013 and 2012, but remains in the top three states people are fleeing for the seventh year in a row.
    During 2017, 61 percent of moves to and from the state were outbound, according to data gathered in the company's 41st Annual Movers Study. There are various reasons why people left.

• 46 percent of people left for job-related reasons
    • 18 percent of people left for lifestyle reasons
    • 19 percent of people left for family reasons
    • 5 percent of people left for health reasons
    • 29 percent of people left for retirement reasons

The largest age population of those who left were those aged 55 to 64. Those 65 or older ranked a close second, with those aged 18 to 34 not far behind. The largest income group of those who moved out made an annual $150,000 or more.
    Run until your heart bursts

I'm surprised NY, NJ IL and CA haven't passed legislation to tax anyone moving out of the state based on their net worth yet.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by J.Baker View Post
    I'm surprised NY, NJ IL and CA haven't passed legislation to tax anyone moving out of the state based on their net worth yet.
    I bet they're writing up that legislation as we type!

Basic Member
    My fairly recent EX (2013) knew how many I had but I didn't even try to keep it a secret. Some of them were mine before we married, some were inherited and some purchased while we were married. She had her own pistol and her Dad's Winchester 30-30. She didn't even bring them up during the not-so-nice divorce but we never kept financial secrets.

Basic Member
    I don’t think my wife cares how many guns I have as long as I’m not buying them on a credit card. She knows boys toys are expensive (it ain’t fair!). I try and make sure she gets the things she wants too.

She knows approximately how many. It is irrelevant to her, as it does not significantly negatively impact our lives or finances.

Basic Member
    She doesn't ask, and I don't tell!

Basic Member
    nope, they all look the same to her. That said, I did bring home a blue laminated airgun and she picked right up on that one.

I do brag to her all the time about how many guns I have and also the ones I still need. I think she knows

Probably. I'm not really sure. I work on a lot of guns for friends and family. So at any given time I may have a few extra that are not mine and she has never asked about any of them.
    [QUOTE=fgw_in_fla;256183]We told you so...[/QUOTE]

Basic Member
    Yup she shakes her head now and then. Especially when it comes to 50 cals and suppressors lol. Every gun and suppressor is covered under insurance riders so she know exactly what they’re worth to. I picked a good one I guess!!

Basic Member
    Mine supports the pairs of shoes to guns ratio. I got cute one time and counted individual guns as shoes. 15 pairs of shoes equals 30 guns. She was delighted to restore balance to the ratio.

My wife has bought me a couple of handguns ans a rifle,but she has no idea how many guns I have.
    Everyday I wake up,is a good day. The day I don't wake up,it won't matter!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12