Thread: A17 25 Round Mag modified for B17

A17 25 Round Mag modified for B17

I successfully modified an A17 25 round magazine from Butler Creek to fit the B17 FV. The stock A17 25 round magazine doesn't quite fit the B17 as is. So with a razor blade, vice and bench grinder or hacksaw its possible :) Very excited to now have a 25 round mag for the B17 FV :)

Hi! I'd like more info about how you modified the A17 magazine to fit the B17. I'm looking at purchasing a B17 and would like an extended mag for it.

A-Series and B-Series rifles use the same mags, so theoretically they shouldn't require modification. Only area where I could see a possible issue is with mag height in the stock when locked in.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

A17 mag

I hate to bump this thread but I recently bought the A17 high capacity mag hoping it would fit my new B17. The mag lock is in a different place on the B17 so the mag won’t work. As recently stated they are the same mag but the clip that holds them in place are different. I love the ease of loading the new BC magazine compared to the stock rotary. Has anyone figured out a way to make it work?

Quote Originally Posted by J.Baker View Post
    A-Series and B-Series rifles use the same mags, so theoretically they shouldn't require modification. Only area where I could see a possible issue is with mag height in the stock when locked in.
    Theoretically to do require modification because the B17 mag lock is at a different height. How do I know this? I just bought the Butler Creek extended magazine after reading this quote and to my surprise the new mag would not lock into place, so no your theory is not accurate.

New B-17 Owner

Quote Originally Posted by Opwan View Post
    Theoretically to do require modification because the B17 mag lock is at a different height. How do I know this? I just bought the Butler Creek extended magazine after reading this quote and to my surprise the new mag would not lock into place, so no your theory is not accurate.
    Hello, I recently purchased the Butler Creek 25 round magazine myself after reading on Savage Website that A17 and B17 magazines were compatible. I had the same problem, the magazine does not lock into the magazine well.
    Does anyone know the solution?
    Thanks

The butler a22 25rd mag locks up and functions in my savage b22 precision right out of the box.