Thread: Axis Trigger Adjustment - Glue?

Axis Trigger Adjustment - Glue?

What kind of adhesive should be used to secure the trigger spring once the factory adhesive is removed? It would be great if there was the exact yellow adhesive on the commercial market. I would like to avoid cutting the spring and just screw the spring in a turn and a half.

Hot glue gun?

Basic Member
    I don't think you can screw the spring in any farther , the coils that are cut are on the larger diameter of the spring , the glue used seams to be a silicon type hope this helps

Cool

Thanks! I saw some comments on some vids that suggested it did not need to be cut. But cutting seems to be less work anyway.

Current model Axis' still have the heavy triggers right? This hasn't been fixed by Savage, correct?

Just got my gun and I'm about to start clipping.

Basic Member
    If the stock Axis spring is too heavy you can install the brown varmint spring like the 12's have: http://www.gunshack.com/savage-accu-...able%20trigger

What about this? I have the original Axis without accu-riggr.

link:
    Replaces the spring from the standard Accu-Trigger with the spring from the Savage Target Action. It will reduce trigger pull to approximately 1.5 - 2.5 lbs.Note: This will only work in centerfire rifles with the accu-trigger system installed. It is not compatible with any rimfire models, or pre-accutrigger models. If you already have a varmint model savage you probably already have this same spring installed from the factory. You can use the Savage Parts Finder to see what spring came installed on your rifle.

Basic Member
    I have never seen a non-accutrigger but I think they are completely different...sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker72 View Post
    What kind of adhesive should be used to secure the trigger spring once the factory adhesive is removed? It would be great if there was the exact yellow adhesive on the commercial market. I would like to avoid cutting the spring and just screw the spring in a turn and a half.

Hot glue gun?
    Use fingernail polish
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

So... was able to remove factory adhesive and screw spring in 1.5-2 rotations and re-adhere with fingernail polish. Now my 223 is a hair trigger and safe. I can bang the bolt and drop the gun on the butt and can'y get the sear to jump the break. And my 243 is close to the 223 but not quite as light. I am much happier with the guns.

Great. Did you look at this site for the Axis trigger fix or Youtube, using a screw from the bottom and a ball point pen spring or other small spring? The screw from the bottom can limit trigger over travel too. It really works good.