My first post, and I really don't know much about forums either so any advice is appreciated.
i have a Savage 338 BA 110 Stealth with a Larue base, 50 BMG attached to the picitany rail and a Night Force Atacr FI 5-25-56 optic mounted.
For some reason the picitany rail keeps coming loose, when i first found it I disembled my mount from the rail and found the two hex head screws to be very loose, I searched online to find torch values but could not locate any, so i tightened them by hand to be safe to not over tighten them. After 5 or 6 rounds it came loose again. I stopped running the Lapua until i can fix this issue, has anyone else experienced this and what do you all think i should do to fix it. I thought about the obvious and put some thread lock on the screws, but when i first found the issue i noticed that Savage did not use any thread lock so i haven't used it either, worried i might loose my factory warranty. I have placed two service requests online through Savage with no return communications to date.
Any help would be appreciated.