Thread: Stealth vs Evol. $ 442.00 difference

Stealth vs Evol. $ 442.00 difference

Being left handed usually means either settling or paying $$$ for what you want.
    Point in question, I'm thinking about a 6 Creedmore . The stealth dosen't come in 6 CM in a left hand, but the Evolution does. And having been reading about the short comings of the Stealth, mainly in the "stock" area, I'm looking for thoughts on is the $ 440.00 + difference worth it.
    AND the reason for the 6 vs the 6.5 CM is that a long time USMC buddy gave me close to 4000 match 6 MM bullets.

The Evolution upgrades you to the Magpul PRS stock which accounts for most of that cost difference, and it's a very worthwhile upgrade IMO. That said, the Evolution has it's own drawbacks - mainly that stupid full length rail they have running down the top that necessitates having to use much taller rings (just like on an AR) than you would have to if the rail didn't extend out the length of the forearm.

The good news is that it looks like that section over the forearm can be unbolted and removed. The bad news is that the receiver piece extends about 3x as far past the action as a standard EGW picatinney rail and thus I would either cut it off or replace it with the standard length to allow clearance for the objective bell for the scope when adjusting for eye relief.

I would suggest the option of special ordering a Stealth in 6mm Creedmoor, but Savage charges about a $200 premium for special orders and you'd still be stuck having to replace the butt stock you're probably better off just going with the Evolution.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    12 bolts and rail pops right off if you are not running and NVG. Takes less than a minute. Under that section is finished so it looks fine with full rail off.

Quote Originally Posted by VS762 View Post
    12 bolts and rail pops right off if you are not running and NVG. Takes less than a minute. Under that section is finished so it looks fine with full rail off.
    After some careful "pondering" I've decided to order a Bbl. for my "swap barrel" 110 action. This way I get what I want and I'll send some feathers those at Savage in charge of the development and lack of changes to the Evol. That way we both can be tickled