I create a build thread in other forums for everything else... cars, trucks, motorcycles... so I thought I’d document my progress on my new rifle here.

I purchased a new Model 10 FCP-SR (Savage SKU # 22441) on 2/18/19. I was mainly interested in the following features:

• 24” heavy fluted/threaded barrel
  • Accu-trigger
  • Accu-stock
  • 10-rnd mag

EDIT: I called Savage to get some more info on the rifle. I wanted to know whether it came with a metal trigger guard, and it does. Serial number is K939xxx, and it was manufactured 3/26/2018. Savage CS stated that some of the “newer” FCP-SR rifles came with a 20 MOA scope rail from the factory, but mine has a 0 MOA rail.

The purpose of this firearm is for recreational shooting out to 1000 yards and possibly some hunting, if I can find a rig that’ll allow me to comfortably carry a 12+ lb rifle. I’m looking at FFP optics from Vortex and Athlon. Leupold if I can find a deal, or Sig Tango4/6 if I can find one to try out.

I'm planning to paint this rifle with Aluma-Hyde epoxy, and I wanted a decent factory stock to start with (and not ruin an expensive aftermarket stock).

I found Ross Schuler’s contact info in a thread somewhere and reached out to him for a muzzle brake. I just got off the phone with him, and I’m already wowed by his level of service. He’s offered to time the muzzle brake to my specific rifle by using the threads in the thread protector so I don’t need a crush washer or jam nut; how cool is that? And you can’t beat the price... so the first mod is in the books, even before the rifle has arrived.