Thread: BUY MSR Again, ? Being its proprietary design

BUY MSR Again, ? Being its proprietary design

Thinking about buying a MSR 6 Creedmoor, but finding its 1/2 " shorter and Savage is sometimes difficult to get specs, Maybe spend more money and buy a Wilson Combat Super Sniper 6 Creedmoor, just wondering

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    I have a AR 10 style rifle (DPMS G2) with proprietary parts, and while I like the rifle, finding aftermarket parts/accessories/upgrades for it is a pain and they are very few and far between.
    While I do not plan on getting rid of the rifle, I will never buy a AR style rifle unless it is a standard pattern. Seeing all kinds of nice aftermarket upgrades that I want that I can not use has been very annoying.
    If I had to do it over again, I would build one in a standard pattern. Parts and accessories will be way more available and affordable.
    Now if you like how the rifle is set up, and do not plan on ever upgrading it or swapping parts, then go for it. But if you plan on swapping out parts and/or upgrading as you go, then get a standard pattern rifle.

Just my $0.02 worth.

Basic Member
    At the price point for either of these guns you sure could throw together a very nice and custom DPMS (G1) rig and have lots of money left over for some ammo.

It boils down to this: If you want the option to modify it and change out certain parts, don't buy the MSR 10 (or any other proprietary design). These are already pretty much custom rifles as-delivered so there's really very little that would need changed out, but there's always those who can't leave anything alone and insist on messing with it just to satisfy their own idiosyncrasies.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by J.Baker View Post
    but there's always those who can't leave anything alone and insist on messing with it just to satisfy their own idiosyncrasies.
    ...and
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Good info, Well I went to the other extreme, Super Sniper
    6 Creedmoor, that I can make into a 6,5 CM, it's a Wilson Combat. Ya opposite ,small loan., Lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk