Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pac-Nor Prefits

Basic Member

Pac-Nor Prefits

For those wanting to go with a little 'higher-end' prefit barrels, I cannot recommend Pac-Nor enough. Wait time was right on the money at 8 weeks and the craftsmanship is flawless. I'll let the accuracy speak for itself.

First 5 shots out of my .338 Lapua @ 200 yards, no load work up:

[I]"In the end, run what 'ya brung because it's better than nothing and don't give two ****s what some interwebs chat board guy says about your rig."[/I]

Win, where did you get the 338 pac-nor barrel from?

Good shooting.
    newbie from gr, mi.

I bet he got it from Pac-Nor
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    Correct, ordered directly through Pac-Nor. It was on my doorstep 9 weeks from the day I ordered it.

29" stainless super match, NBRSA contour, 1:10, bead blasted, threaded 3/4x28. It's a heavy SoB but it sure is a shooter.
    [I]"In the end, run what 'ya brung because it's better than nothing and don't give two ****s what some interwebs chat board guy says about your rig."[/I]

Basic Member
    2nd that. The .308 super match barrel I got from them broke in one the first shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    I bet he got it from Pac-Nor
    I'm a firm believer in the theory that if it bleeds, I can kill it.

Topsail
    Can't be that good. You missed the diamond with every shot.

Basic Member
    That's sweet right out of the chute. Winnie, care to share the details of the rifle with us.

I've been saying for years now that a new barrel that won't shoot from the get go never will win any match's for you and is not worth wasting your time on.

Take it easy on my 'braska buddy darkker!!!
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowa Fox View Post
    That's sweet right out of the chute. Winnie, care to share the details of the rifle with us.

I've been saying for years now that a new barrel that won't shoot from the get go never will win any match's for you and is not worth wasting your time on.
    An opportunity to whore out my rifle?!

Savage 110 .338 Lapua Action
    XLR Evolution Tac-Lite chassis
    Pac-Nor 28" NBRSA barrel
    Terminator T4 brake
    Vortex Razor Gen II HD
    ARC M10 rings
    etc.

Basic Member
    Are they cut rifling or button pulled?

Extremely nice weapon BTW!!!!

LongRange
    they are cut and IMHO a cut barrel is way more consistent as they dont hold much(if any)copper.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LongRange View Post
    they are cut and IMHO a cut barrel is way more consistent as they dont hold much(if any)copper.
    Correct, they are cut rifling. I'm anal about break-in procedures and checking for copper through the first 50 rounds or so... There was next to none every time I checked. Run a few patches through it with break-free, followed by isopropyl, lube it up and she's ready to go. Definitely impressed by the quality and consistency thus far.

Basic Member
    Thanks for the pic of your rifle Winnie. I appreciate seeing the thought (and Expense) that has gone into some of these builds. Do you mind if I ask what your plans are for that rifle?

joebreeding.jb
    Man with that gun you should be hitting diamonds every time

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowa Fox View Post
    Thanks for the pic of your rifle Winnie. I appreciate seeing the thought (and Expense) that has gone into some of these builds. Do you mind if I ask what your plans are for that rifle?
    Sure thing. It definitely wasn't cheap, but compared to alternative .338 Lapua platforms, it wasn't as expensive as you'd think. Also, the looks on people's faces when it outshoots their $$$ custom rigs is entertaining to say the least

As for my plans, it's a heavy beast, I'd guess probably 25ish lbs. with the scope and a full mag. Not doing anything other than shooting off a bench with it. Just so happens that I have a thing for big, badass rounds, and this is what I wanted to build. It also helps when you have steel silhouettes in 200 yard intervals out to a mile at your disposal... Might see if I can get into some ELR bench comps, but it's out of the question for any type of tactical match. It's really just one of those rifles that you have just for the sake of having, but it's certainly fun to break out every once in a while. Gets lots of attention at the public ranges when it goes off, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by joebreeding.jb View Post
    Man with that gun you should be hitting diamonds every time
    This was before I even had a chance to play with my zero. It definitely hits diamonds when you want it to, but golf balls at 400 yards are pretty fun as well

jray57
    "PAC-NOR manufactures two grades of barrels, 'Standard-Match' and 'Super Match' with tolerances uniform from one end to the other, bore diameters within .0003 and grooves within .0001. Both grades are fabricated using high quality ACCU-TWIST rifling buttons. ACCU-TWIST buttons exhibit the highest level in button technology. They are positioned and indexed using the latest in electro-optical digital measuring equipment. This ensures precise symmetry and proper sizing to less than 50 millionths of an inch. Such high levels of rifling button dimensional accuracy is necessary in order to fabricate barrels having today's fractional M.O.A. accuracy requirements."
    This is from Pacnor's web site-don't think they are cut rifled.

LongRange
    jray you are right...i always ASSumed the pacnors where cut but ive never really looked into them other than reading some reviews.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LongRange View Post
    jray you are right...i always ASSumed the pacnors where cut but ive never really looked into them other than reading some reviews.
    That makes 2 of us... Either way they don't hold much copper at all.

LongRange
    yeah and when its shooting outta the box like it is i guess it dont matter.

jray57
    I've had 3- still have one. They have all been good for me.

I Got mine from Pac Nor also. I went with the Super Match in a 6MMBR, 30 Inch SS Barrel.. Similar results right out of the box. I have re barreled mine 4 times now and this is by far the best barrel I have had.

Basic Member
    I own about a half dozen and even the standard match shoot sub 1/4 MOA.

I have a couple pac-nors and they are very good barrels, actually better than good they are excellent barrels. I wouldn't hesitate buying another one either.
    Willing to give back for what the sport has done for me!

Basic Member
    Does anyone know the price on Pac Nor Savage Pre fit barrels ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast